Thread: TPS only reads 38.7% at wot boosted ls2 6 speed

TPS only reads 38.7% at wot boosted ls2 6 speed

Turbo ls2 mt only gets to 38.7% at wot. Accelerator pedal sensor reads 99% like normal. Could this be the tq management? I know it should read like 88% or so.

from cars and coffie.hpl Boosted c6 8 psi final.hpt
    2007 C6 Corvette on3 single turbo kit on a bone stock LS2

Never mind. Found out it was tq management. Made some adjustments to it and from the short drive i did it fully opens now

Ok so I still have the issue apparently. It doesn't seem to do it all the time which is odd. Here's another log

to home from work.hpl Boosted c6 8 psi.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted C6 View Post
    Ok so I still have the issue apparently. It doesn't seem to do it all the time which is odd. Here's another log

to home from work.hpl Boosted c6 8 psi.hpt
    Have you tried scanning for codes while it is acting like that?

I'd max out the reverse gear torque limits and the brake torque management limits just in case.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post

I'd max out the reverse gear torque limits and the brake torque management limits just in case.
    i just messed with the virtual tq since i never messed with it and so far its working so we'll see. Ill take it to work tonight and log it again to see if the throttle body is opening all the way still

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted C6 View Post
    i just messed with the virtual tq since i never messed with it and so far its working so we'll see. Ill take it to work tonight and log it again to see if the throttle body is opening all the way still
    I very much doubt that will fix the issue. keep us updated.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    You should be logging ETC Position not TPS on DBW.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    You should be logging ETC Position not TPS on DBW.
    All I see is throttle position PIDs. Nothing about ETC. I have throttle position, accelerator pedal position, and commanded throttle position logged at the same time to compare them. I dont see anything when i search for ETC position on the e38 ls2 ECU

Senior Tuner
    I don't know what to tell you. I log it all the time on DBW going back as far as DBW P59s. Even the few rare P01 truck/suvs that have TC. It's on all the P01 DBW Vettes. I've never not been able to log it on E38s. Or even E40s for that matter. It will show 0-100% where the TPS will only show 0-88%. What does your TPS show sweeping with KOEO? Maybe they removed it in the newer software. I don't use it.
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 09-09-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Ok well it still does it. The car pulls fine so it seems the throttle body is opening all the way but still shows 38ish percent. What's strange is it doesn't do it all the time its completely random. Here's another log along with the tune. As far as I know the tq management is disabled but I guess there is a possibility that I may have missed something.

Boosted c6 8 psi final.hpt from cars and coffie.hpl

Senior Tuner

Did you try this?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Did you try this?
    I scanned for codes and all I get is the maf code (maf delete). Ill try the brake tq and reverse gear tq next. Haven't had much time to play with it lately

Senior Tuner
    Becareful sometimes Hptuners will not pull DTC's. Sometimes I have to close the log and only be connected to the car for DTC's to read.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Well did some messing around with the car today. It appears it was either the brake tq table or reverse tq table. Since I maxed them out the throttle opens all the way now consistently now with no issues. Well besides i need to get my BAP on and it needs a clutch lol. Here's a log if anyone wants to look at it. Has a small amount of kr but i pulled a half degree out and haven't relogged it yet. Its on 93

tune 3 log.hpl