Thread: O2 sensor question

Tuner

O2 sensor question

2004 tahoe 5.3 w/ a bazillion miles. Truck norris cam in it. It runs but each time I start it up one bank will drop toward .000 on a o2 sensor. It changes each time I try to run it. I dropped the oem file back in it and it does the same thing, just runs horribly rich and drops to 500rpms. Also installed stainless headers and cross pipe and deleted the cats. I thought maybe the joints on the pipes next to the o2 sensors was causing it but even after sealing them it does not change. I also smoke tested for vacuum leaks, nothing there as well. When it first said that bank 2 was lean and the computer was sending 50%more to that side I let it run for a bit and then checked the plugs on that side. Black showing rich. bank 1 showed pretty close to stoich. clean and a little white middle of the plug ground. Now that it swapped i checked it and it did the exact opposite. wideband installed is on bank 1 exhaust pipe before the "Y". shows around 14 until it swaps side and goes really rich.
    white tahoe as found.hpt
    startup 1.hpl
    long idle and rev.hpl
    injector data.hpl

It's had new sensors installed? Delco/NTK/Denso? Could be just a fouled sensor specially if the plugs are black.

And you're 100% sure it doesn't have the LH sensor plugged into the harness connector for the RH and vice versa?

Tuner
    Two brand new sensors, pulled them and swapped them and made sure that when I pulled them I watched the scanner for the numbers to change. Several times just to check. I can?t figure out why it swaps sides like does. I just pulled the plugs again after the last log and they were opposite of the first time I pulled them.

Injector harnesses not swapped side for side?

Tuner
    I would hope not since it?s the stock harness but I will check. I think the alternator wire goes through the same loom so it should be correct but I will check it in the morning. I think I?m going to also try a different set of plug wires. It has the massive silicone jdm plug wires on it.

Tuner
    Just an update on this. Finally figured it out after a bit of head scratching. But the o2 sensors were bad. I put a new walker set in and trims straightened out. Changed the plugs out to tr6 ngk also. Right now it is fueling within 3%.
    Thanks for the help