Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GEN3 Tuning Injector Data

Tuner in Training
    I can do a quick assist or Teamviewer so you can see the file.

That assumes I'm willing to sign up with something I've never heard of before. Unlikely.

Tuner in Training
    Quick assist is a windows 10 app no sign up necessary. It comes with windows.

Still stuck in Win7 here, sorry.

Post here and/or open a support ticket.

Tuner in Training
    One thing I have noticed is it runs super lean at idle like 16-20:1 using my wide band. How can I richen it up at idle?

Tuner in Training
    the last 3 or 4 corvette regulator swaps i tuned were actually 66 to 68 psi. change your injector data accordingly and recheck. my .02
    Chris

The problem with that is, the 66-68 psi is because of a restricted return orifice inside the junk filter-reg thing. So it's not actually regulating it at that pressure. As soon as fuel demand from the engine draws off enough volume the pressure will fall to the spring-regulated point of 58 psi and these PCMs don't have the ability to monitor rail pressure in real-time or any tables that will allow compensation for a fuel pressure that varies like that.

Tuner in Training
    i could see that happening. My wifes suburban came with a referenced regulator system. I broke the intake (long story) and only had the tbss intake and rails sitting here to get it running. I threw it in with the corvette regulator stuffed up by the brake booster. Its been like that for 3 years. In her truck, flat topped pistons, manifolds, cats and stock cam it runs strong to 6000. I don't see a drop off in her truck. My buddies 68 c10 drops 1 or 2 psi up at 5800. It has headers, stage 4 btr cam. The wideband shows great data on his truck. tune isnt done but it paints nice stripes. Plugs look good. More going on then just the drop off of pressure, but incorrect injector data pisses everything.

Tuner in Training
    Would this data be the same for other 36# injectors? I have a set of 17114503x2 from fic and i can't find any data on them that looks right. It says they are 36# but not sure if that is at 43 psi not 58. Was gonna put them in 01 6.0 since my stock 25# injectors are getting over 90% duty.
    Last edited by 49 hoopty; 02-08-2023 at 09:58 AM.

Search results are not promising, nobody even slightly reputable is using that number: https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li...0&q=17114503x2

Even results for all the cross-reference numbers are nothing but fake copy garbage.

Senior Tuner
    If you remove the x2 you get a few more hits, but still nothing reputable. Claims that they are the delphi injector for the 8.1.

Tuner in Training
    Ya thats all i found. emailed fic for information on them and they sent me stuff for the stock 8.1 29# injectors. Thought maybe they were like the gtp 36# ones or something. They have blue or ring top and bottom.

Were you the original buyer or did you get them from someone second hand who claimed they were 'FIC' (and is that FIClinic or FIConnection)?

Do they have that weird scam-associated number printed on them anywhere? Do you know what the original application is, like a year range & engine RPO?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Were you the original buyer or did you get them from someone second hand who claimed they were 'FIC' (and is that FIClinic or FIConnection)?

Do they have that weird scam-associated number printed on them anywhere? Do you know what the original application is, like a year range & engine RPO?

My friend bought them and i saw the invoice from fic. ON the invoice it says 36# truck injectors. I wonder if they are actually the 29# ones at 43 psi. which would be around 34#. They do not even sell a 36# injector but they do sell a 34# 8.1 injector.

They were from fuel injection connection.

FYI, the time for looking up and verifying injector data exists is before any money changes hands.

Tuner in Training
    Thats exactly what i am doing. Trying to see if i can even use them before i grab them from him.

Oh, good. Pass. Too sketchy.

Try this instead: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274424906026
    51lb @58psi, stock GM data available in stock 2010-up L96 truck files. Work great. Not fake, this is that one weird part number that seems too good to be true, but it's not. My guess is somebody submitted an order to the factory for X number of pieces, but the factory interpreted it as X number of pallets. They are way cheaper than any other legit injector even from the dealer's parts counter with their 1000% markup.

If the ebay thing makes your spidey-senses tingle, you are welcome to buy the exact same thing from Rockauto for 4 times as much money: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1887186
    ($175 for a set of OE injectors is still stupid cheap)
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 02-08-2023 at 12:38 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I checked it out. that is a pretty good deal. Ill have to think about that. 51# is a little over kill for my set up. I logged a friends truck they put huge injectors in and at 6200 is at 16% duty cycle and at 2k driving down the road bounces between 0-1%

Well my reasoning goes that the flex fuel trucks with these injectors don't have problems with a dirty idle when you run them on straight gasoline, so they should be fine. I mean, a stock L96 is only rated at like 330 HP SAE. These are nothing like the old large-body EV1 injectors, Multec or whatever, and even those were a big improvement over what had come before them. These are fast and light and able to run clean at tiny PWs.

Tuner in Training
    Its definetly a cheaper option to buy those and some adapters to run them. Then get the data to change it to my p01 style.