Thread: G8 p1516

Advanced Tuner

G8 p1516

I'm getting a P1516 on a 2009 G8 that has a LSA blower, stage 3 PDS cam and NW 103. I don't see the "add slave segment" option under the Edit menu and only have the P2101 thresholds under the Eng Diag tab. I have them set to 20% just to see if it helps and it doesn't seem to.

Is there a way around this? Can the slave segment be added somehow? Could the throttle body just need a new TPS? I had a similar issue on a '04 Silverado and a new TPS fixed it, but it would occasionally display other symptoms that this G8 is not doing.

I've got a 2 bar OS flashed to it, 1250223, but the factory OS was 12624402 if it matters.

Thanks

The slave segment stuff is hidden anyway, no settings you could access even if your file/OS had that option.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The slave segment stuff is hidden anyway, no settings you could access even if your file/OS had that option.
    Am I thinking of something else, a different DTC? I thought on e38 ECMs you could add the p1516 slave segment and adjust the thresholds...

Advanced Tuner
    Or am I thinking of E40 GTOs 🤔....

Never seen the option on an E40, and I have a bunch of files...

On the E38/E67s adding the slave data shows nothing different in the comparison log afterwards. As far as I know it's only adding the (two? I know there are two 'secret' ones, Slave Operating System & Engine, dunno if it adds just one or both) inaccessible ETC segments that HPT doesn't touch otherwise for liability reasons or whatever. I've never seen it add anything you can see in the GUI.

Advanced Tuner

On the E38/E67s adding the slave data shows nothing different in the comparison log afterwards. As far as I know it's only adding the (two? I know there are two 'secret' ones, Slave Operating System & Engine, dunno if it adds just one or both) inaccessible ETC segments that HPT doesn't touch otherwise for liability reasons or whatever. I've never seen it add anything you can see in the GUI.
    Adding the slave segment adds the ability to increase thresholds for a certain DTC that usually pertains to aftermarket throttle body issues, I thought it was the p1516. I'll go back through a couple of my old files and see, I know I utilized it on a 2006 GTO a couple years back.

Advanced Tuner

see attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Setting Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle "Max Position" to 95% instead of 100 fixed it.

E40s have that as stock without adding anything.

But. Why does the Navigator not find that? '1516' = no hits. 'positive' and 'negative' turns up the P2101, but not the other one that's right there! I trusted the Navigator to be infallible. Now I know better. Great.

It won't even find it by using 4097/4098!

So do E40 files include the two mystery segments by default, where the E38/E67 files don't? In other words an E40 write-entire would write all 8 segments?