Thread: Support for Ford M-6017-M50A control pack

Potential Tuner

Support for Ford M-6017-M50A control pack

I've done a bit of digging and the only reference I find to the Ford M-6017-M50A control pack (Gen 2 with Auto trans) is the thread below that went unanswered.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ht=M-6017-M50A

I bought that pack a while ago - with a Lund nGuage and I'm thinking about trying to replace the nGuage with an HP Tuners device - primarily so that I have access to work on the tune myself. I don't see this listed in the set of supported FRPP control packs - but that is surprising given that the Gen 1 and Gen 3 are supported. So - any advice on whether there is a solution for a coyote swap with a gen 2 engine and 6R80?

Also - I looked for any sort of pre-sales support number for HP Tuners and came up dry. If it exists I'd love to be able to reach out and get questions answered real time so I can make a buying decision more quickly.

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by BigNate; 07-27-2022 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to complete title

Advanced Tuner
    I am using hptuners with a gen 2 auto control pack. Works fine. You have to setup the vin on first tune, other than that it is pretty standard.

Here is the base tune file.

Ranger control pack NO MOLESTE.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    I am using hptuners with a gen 2 auto control pack. Works fine. You have to setup the vin on first tune, other than that it is pretty standard.

Here is the base tune file.

Ranger control pack NO MOLESTE.hpt
    Is this file untouched/completely stock? Or did you put a vin or anything else in it? I'm looking for a bone stock file to compare to one I am working on. I was told this car is a Controls Pack but I'm getting the feeling it's a stock GT PCM with PATS disabled.

Potential Tuner
    2015AutomaticCLF2CPTune.hpt

Kevin....Try this one....My Labeling sux...