Thread: Inertia SRT max plus cam tune

Tuner in Training

Inertia SRT max plus cam tune

Good afternoon, new to the forum. I installed an Inertia SRT max plus cam in a 2009 Challenger 6.1 m/t and customer uploaded tune via Diablo that was sent to him. Is anyone here familiar with this camshaft and application? The car really struggles to idle and start but throttle response is spot-on in the higher end of RPMs when it finally starts. I'm not doubting the tuner's capabilities but I am curious to see if anyone could possibly point me in the right direction as far as a "base line" tune maybe? I'd like to compare/overlay a "known good" tune with the current tune if possible to see if maybe the tune did not upload correctly or something going haywire with ECM. We did have to upload current tune like 4 times with Diablo before it would even attempt to start. Bank 2 LT fuel trims instantly jumping to -33% when in goes to closed loop. Smoke tested, sprayed for vac leaks, swapped upstream O2s...any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mods are cam described above, cold air kit, long tubes, full Corsa exh. no cats.....and a TON of suspension upgrades lol (null and void)

For those who will ask for the cam specs it's

218/226 Duration Camshaft
    0.566/0.556
    lsa is 114

I'll ask my builder if he has it in something similar, I know he's used that cam in an 08Ram with swapped 6.1
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Quote Originally Posted by embeesaug.ga View Post
    Good afternoon, new to the forum. I installed an Inertia SRT max plus cam in a 2009 Challenger 6.1 m/t and customer uploaded tune via Diablo that was sent to him. Is anyone here familiar with this camshaft and application? The car really struggles to idle and start but throttle response is spot-on in the higher end of RPMs when it finally starts. I'm not doubting the tuner's capabilities but I am curious to see if anyone could possibly point me in the right direction as far as a "base line" tune maybe? I'd like to compare/overlay a "known good" tune with the current tune if possible to see if maybe the tune did not upload correctly or something going haywire with ECM. We did have to upload current tune like 4 times with Diablo before it would even attempt to start. Bank 2 LT fuel trims instantly jumping to -33% when in goes to closed loop. Smoke tested, sprayed for vac leaks, swapped upstream O2s...any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mods are cam described above, cold air kit, long tubes, full Corsa exh. no cats.....and a TON of suspension upgrades lol (null and void)

Post the current tune , and recent log.

Tuner in Training
    I tuned an LLY Duramax about 6 months ago and the ridiculously violent tune that I removed was similar to view, couldn't see but about %50 of the parameters.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    Post the current tune , and recent log.
    Well...apparently the current tune is "ghosted" because I cannot see ANY of his parameters. I will attempt to upload it anyway. However, I will be post a log here shortly including cold start idle, closed loop idle, WOT, etc. The vehicle is still on stands so I am unable to record a driving log. With the way it's currently running it wouldn't make it 10 feet anyway. Is there any particular pids or operating conditions that you would like to see or prefer other than conditions I've described?

More interested in what the current tune is..

Tuner in Training
    ok, here is current tune. About to post log as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    These (2) logs I labeled as closed and open loop based on assumption. "Open loop" log was on start-up of course...Odd to me how the fuel trims kind of mirror each other at times but MAP reading remains pretty consistent. I'd appreciate any input guys. Closed loop enable via ECT @ 14*F? Other parameters seem to reflect on Engine Run Time(s). Car runs immaculate during my assumption of what seems to be "open loop"
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Were you able to view the parameters in his tune?

Tuner in Training
    Just an update, figured it out...finally. Car runs excellent now! Thanks everyone.

Tuner in Training
    Glad you figured it out?? What did it end up being?

That doesn't looks like correct tune that's pretty much stock settings

Quote Originally Posted by evildodge View Post
    Not much different then stock except some Idle and Some timing pulled, I was on vacation, didn't get a chance to look at it till this morning.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP RACING View Post
    Glad you figured it out?? What did it end up being?
    Long tube headers- upstream o2 sensor bung(s) are on installed on cylinders #5 & 6 primary tubes. I was unaware of this whenever we (he) swapped sensors from one bank to the other in an effort to condemn a faulty o2 sensor as stated in the beginning of this thread. Well...I was under the car the other day looking for a possible loose/missing ground terminal when I noticed where the upstream bungs were. I thought that it was odd that only one cylinder's o2 readings were reference for the entire bank??! Soo, I took the upstream o2 harness signal wires and made a temporary jumper extension with some pins I had laying around for the 2 signal circuits and used the rear, post cat, o2 sensor as my "upstream." Boom! Fuel trims leveled out, car runs/idles fantastic. Downstream bungs are installed right at collector which in return read exhaust gasses from the ENTIRE bank. I had a misfire on #6 and I never could see it in my data list and the car would not run/idle decent enough to perform a power balance test. Misfire was fuel fouled plugs on #6...the whole entire time. Ever get the urge to say, "Whenever I figure it out I know it's gonna be something stupid"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by evildodge View Post
    Not much different then stock except some Idle and Some timing pulled, I was on vacation, didn't get a chance to look at it till this morning.
    I know! Doesn't look like anything special. The original tuner that he's been going through has sent him updated tune #4. NONE of the parameters have changed at all between all 4 tunes. The first one I posted is exactly what latest looks like. However, the data log is beautiful now and has changed substantially each time an updated tune has been uploaded. His tune is definitely encrypted. Which is understandable IMO. Who would want to write, sell, and modify tunes for a living just so their hard work and research can be copied and pasted? After all, He did have a part in building Diablo from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by embeesaug.ga View Post
    I know! Doesn't look like anything special. The original tuner that he's been going through has sent him updated tune #4. NONE of the parameters have changed at all between all 4 tunes. The first one I posted is exactly what latest looks like. However, the data log is beautiful now and has changed substantially each time an updated tune has been uploaded. His tune is definitely encrypted. Which is understandable IMO. Who would want to write, sell, and modify tunes for a living just so their hard work and research can be copied and pasted? After all, He did have a part in building Diablo from the ground up.

Sounds like Mike from Diablo, he does what he does and we make more power........Glad you got the o2's Worked out.