Thread: Gen 3 5.3 maf tuning wont change AFR

Potential Tuner

Gen 3 5.3 maf tuning wont change AFR

i am doing MAF tuning on my 05 chevy avalanche 5.3l Sloppy Stage 2 cam and gt45 turbo with inner cooler 80lb injectors wideband is running through the AC pressure switch and i keep making changes but the AFR never seems to get where it needs to be I am about to pull my hair out. Any help will be put to good use. driveway maf tuning.hpldriveway maf tuning.hpt

California, Where they suck the fun out of Life

In some of your other thread you never answered the questions we had for you.

Like why no 2 bar MAP sensor.

You say it has 80lb/hr injectors but your flow rate says they are more like 100lb/hr. What injectors are they? Also with really large injectors you'll need to lower the min fuel milligrams in the transient fuel tab by at least half to stop the rich idle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    they are 80lb injectors at 43.5 psi and my fuel pressure is 58 psi so would i not take the 80lbs times 1.25 to compensate for the higher fuel pressure. i do have a 3 bar map sensor i did have installed but i couldn't even get the truck to start when i started trying to tune it so i went back to maf and i could get it to idle.

Potential Tuner
    i figured the injectors wrong correct fixed now. The graphs are getting the right numbers i am pretty sure, but i change the MAF and multiply by half and it doesn't seem to change but it does make it harder for the truck to idle. also changed the transient fuel tab. i tried to get up to 3000 rpms but i don't want to break something if it's wrong. So some more help would be great thanks so far for pointing out my mistakes. OR should i just go ahead and switch to the 3bar map sensor and start trying to do it in Speed Density. i was trying to get where it would run and idle before i tried to do the speed density.
    So any good advice would greatly appreciated.
    maf tune 4.hpl
    maf tune 4.hpt
    Last edited by Clint A.; 07-16-2022 at 03:23 PM.