Thread: 1.4t with e80a starting issue

Potential Tuner

1.4t with e80a starting issue

I have a 2018 1.4t out of a Cruze with a e80a ecu that I am trying to run stand alone. There is no injector pulse while it is cranking, but if you get it to fire up with starting fluid, the injectors start to fire and it will run and drive (in torque management mode). VATS is disabled. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for the help!

Potential Tuner
    First thing I would check is codes while it is running or key on engine off and see if any are related to the issue.

Tuner in Training
    I would post this on the cruzetalk.com forums as well. Some knowledgeable guys over there and it's a way more active forum. Sounds like there is an immediate cut. Maybe something like the vapor purge or some other form of safety is arresting spark. Wish I knew more man, I'm not quite on that level yet. Good luck.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the feedback! I?ll try cruzetalk also. The only DTC that i can think might effect it is p018c (fuel pressure sensor b low circuit) I?m sure this is because I only have the fuel rail pressure sensor installed. Do you think the ECU needs to see the low pressure fuel pump sensor to start?