Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Seadoo 300Hp speedlimiter removal?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by racemonkey View Post
    There's nothing special about tuning seadoos geez.

Once you unlock the limiters you need to add a bit of timing up top since the stock map kills timing above 8000 RPM.

If you want even more power you need to add a wideband to dial in the fuel, larger supercharger and/or camshaft with supporting mods aka injectors and a simple intake helps. Don't let anyone discourage you. This is not magic.
    Well said racemonkey. I'd like to thank you and Tbranella for all your input so far on my issues.

Unless something comes up, I'm going out today to test the latest change to see if the surging is gone then back to trying to figure out why it's so slow. I need to get it running like it should on the stock tune with the limiters removed before I get a wideband and start messing with fuel and timing. I'm not looking for all out race ski. I just want it to run like it should for a stock ski. After I'm happy with that then I'll think about more upgrades.

It's a bit annoying that my 08 RXT-X with just some basic mods can almost keep up with my 300. lol

Potential Tuner
    I should have mentioned that my ski is a 2020 RXTX. 65hrs.
    I now have a wideband, that I will be installing soon.
    I also realized that I wasn't using the beta version of the software so I was missing some options.
    I do understand that most of the parts I got is not for performance per say, all I wanted to see is the ski do a little better then stock.
    I am a hands on person eventually I will figure it out, I've tuned my car myself with great success. (my 4G63 talon makes 900+ on e98 @60 psi) drag car. I am proud that my own hands built the car from top to bottom.
    I don't want someone to just do it for me, because then I won't learn.

-= Future plans for the ski =-
    springs and retainer for reliability I wont be passing 8300rpm
    I want to setup a reliable 80mph ski for my wife

Once I understand more I want get a project ski that I will turbo and run all the supporting mods. Everything I own is turbocharged.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertsi View Post
    I should have mentioned that my ski is a 2020 RXTX. 65hrs.
    I now have a wideband, that I will be installing soon.
    I also realized that I wasn't using the beta version of the software so I was missing some options.
    I do understand that most of the parts I got is not for performance per say, all I wanted to see is the ski do a little better then stock.
    I am a hands on person eventually I will figure it out, I've tuned my car myself with great success. (my 4G63 talon makes 900+ on e98 @60 psi) drag car. I am proud that my own hands built the car from top to bottom.
    I don't want someone to just do it for me, because then I won't learn.

-= Future plans for the ski =-
    springs and retainer for reliability I wont be passing 8300rpm
    I want to setup a reliable 80mph ski for my wife

Once I understand more I want get a project ski that I will turbo and run all the supporting mods. Everything I own is turbocharged.

do not do springs... they're not necessary.. just retainers.

Tuner in Training
    good to see that some knowledge and progress has been made in figuring out tuning these skis.. I understand that some want to keep it a secret and make a living from it.. But this is the place for the ones that want to DIY come to figure it out and share ideas and experiences.. I haven't been here in a few months and was happily surprised there has been some help from the more knowledgeable members like Tbranella and racemonkey..

There's nothing special about tuning seadoos geez.

Once you unlock the limiters you need to add a bit of timing up top since the stock map kills timing above 8000 RPM.

If you want even more power you need to add a wideband to dial in the fuel, larger supercharger and/or camshaft with supporting mods aka injectors and a simple intake helps. Don't let anyone discourage you. This is not magic.
    YEAH Sounds fun till the engine fails for lack of fuel this sea doo afr from factory are 13.5 when you add more parts & timing above 8000 RPM you going to lean it out at 14.7 16afr and we all know what that means KATABOOM and no mph results like most of the people here looking for help is not discouragement is me been real with the experience i have tuning and actually doing research on oem afr and stage 1 tunes like i said is fine to help and learn with others machine but to get the real reliable top speed numbers there lot more to it then adding random numbers and learning how to tune from a forum lol
    Last edited by RUTHLESS; 09-09-2023 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUCK MY WAKE View Post
    Any gain you've seen is because of the air intake, none of the other parts will add any performace only durability. I realize that you've already spent the money on HP tuners but I can say from personal experience using HP tuners on cars is nothing like the Seadoo platform. You are going to waste ALOT of time and probably more money on the wrong parts trying to tune it yourself. Trust me talk to David from Ruthless, get his setup and let him tune your ski. The results are well worth it I promise you that!!!!!
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by truckmann View Post
    Here are a couple from last weekend. It was really hot out but the last short run concerned me since it lost some rpm with an almost empty tank compared to earlier in the day with a full tank.
    i see so far with the limiter race to 318 and adding timing you still only going 70mph juuuuu i wonder....

Quote Originally Posted by ninjawarrior821 View Post
    Getting just over 13 psi at 8100 rpm here. Stock charger.
    you should be in the 77-80mph with the proper adjustments

RACING RESULTS

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    YEAH Sounds fun till the engine fails for lack of fuel this sea doo afr from factory are 14.5 if you add more parts & timing above 8000 RPM you going to lean it out at 15.7 16afr and we all know what that means KATABOOM and no mph results like most of the people here looking for help is not discouragement is me been real with the experience i have tuning and actually doing research on oem afr and stage 1 tunes like i said is fine to help and learn with others machine but to get the real reliable top speed numbers there lot more to it then adding random numbers and learning how to tune from a forum lol

All you do is try to scare people so they buy from you. What you just said is 100% wrong. I've logged stock tune with air intake, no AFR is not even close to what you just said at WOT.

Also, that's pretty rich coming from someone that brags how their tune is faster than everyone elses in the world. That kind of talk might fool someone that doesn't know anything about jetski tuning but those that know know you're full of it. The fastest tune at WOT is the one that runs the most aggressive timing. There's no magic to WOT tuning, zero. WOT tuning is the simplest part! Now, show me a full log of your great tunes and how they track desired lambda through the entire RPM range. Thats tuning, getting AFR to track the target from idle to WOT.

Now go back to FB, don't you have some stickers to put over someone elses parts you sell?

Here is a gopro snap from my 2022 stock ski with just intake and SCOM AFR of 12.9 at 8100 RPM. Where is that 14.5 from factory you were talking about?

Also, another false statement from your previous post, adding timing above 8000 will not lean out AFR. That comment makes no sense. The only time timing will affect AFR is if its too low, it will prevent all gas from being burned during the combustion event so unburned gas would end up shown, artificially, as rich. The stock timing drops after 8000 to keep RPM under the limiter. Timing control is the fastest most effective way to control RPM and you know that because you've done standalone before. It's sad you have to say things you know are not true just to sell your stuff. Pretty dishonest.

Again, stop trying to scare people with your false statements.

22rxpwotstock.jpg

All you do is try to scare people so they buy from you. What you just said is 100% wrong. I've logged stock tune with air intake, no AFR is not even close to what you just said at WOT.

Also, that's pretty rich coming from someone that brags how their tune is faster than everyone elses in the world. That kind of talk might fool someone that doesn't know anything about jetski tuning but those that know know you're full of it. The fastest tune at WOT is the one that runs the most aggressive timing. There's no magic to WOT tuning, zero. WOT tuning is the simplest part! Now, show me a full log of your great tunes and how they track desired lambda through the entire RPM range. Thats tuning, getting AFR to track the target from idle to WOT.

Now go back to FB, don't you have some stickers to put over someone elses parts you sell?
    adding timing is all you know about making power but not everyone else is like you oem is 24-27 i add i add 4 degree and the rest is skills. i just said stop telling people to raise the limiter to 8800 with no retainers and adding timing with out adding fuel simple and show me the gps datalog not the dash lol

Tuner in Training RUTHLESS RACING STORE's Avatar
    im not sending any logs so you could monkey see monkey do lol here is a pic when you reach 89-90mph gps talk to me about been the best in the world
    Last edited by RUTHLESS RACING STORE; 09-04-2023 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    adding timing is all you know about making power but not everyone else is like you oem is 24-27 i add i add 4 degree and the rest is skills. i just said stop telling people to raise the limiter to 8800 with no retainers and adding timing with out adding fuel simple and show me the gps datalog not the dash lol

You're here to sell, I get that. But, don't post dishonest information to do so.

I never said anything about 8800 RPM, with limiters removed the RPM should be in the 8300-8400 range. You definitely should not be running 8800 without retainers and probably springs.

"rest is skill" come on, outside of boost/cam/nitrous, timing is the only other way to add power, with fuel ratio having a very small effect if you're way off.

Why would you need a gps datalog? Stock AFR will 13 +/- 0.2 at WOT, this target is even shown in the stock map. I know you know this so I'm not sure why you're pretending it's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS RACING STORE View Post
    im not sending any logs so you could monkey see monkey do lol here is a pic when you reach 89-90mph gps talk to me about been the best in the world

Just post a log of your AFR tracking desired target from idle to WOT. I don't care about the numbers.

90mph = big supercharger + octane + timing

Tuner in Training RUTHLESS RACING STORE's Avatar

IM ALL ABOUT RESULTS LESS TALK MORE ACTION.
    Last edited by RUTHLESS RACING STORE; 09-04-2023 at 02:44 PM.
    IG @Ruthless_Rxpx

I would respond to that video but I don't want this thread to turn into a sh!t show.

Back on topic.

You're here to sell, I get that. But, don't post dishonest information to do so.

I never said anything about 8800 RPM, with limiters removed the RPM should be in the 8300-8400 range. You definitely should not be running 8800 without retainers and probably springs.

"rest is skill" come on, outside of boost/cam/nitrous, timing is the only other way to add power, with fuel ratio having a very small effect if you're way off.

Why would you need a gps datalog? Stock AFR will 13 +/- 0.2 at WOT, this target is even shown in the stock map. I know you know this so I'm not sure why you're pretending it's not true.
    dishonest information what information that you guys are learning from people here lol at the end of the day the numbers dont lie

I would respond to that video but I don't want this thread to turn into a sh!t show.

Back on topic.
    yeah im just going to ignore you. everyone dislikes me for telling the truth im used to it