Thread: Another 60lb deka idling problems

Potential Tuner

Another 60lb deka idling problems

so this is 2002 stock 5.3 with 60lb long dekas. Injector data from fuel injector connection. Fuel rail steady pressure at 58psi

I was able to play with the min pw and get it to around 1.6ms and idle afr to 14-14.5 with idle Rpm at 850 (ive tired 900 aswell with no change to my problem)

The problem is it will not stay at target rpm and afr for long maybe like 30sec then it will try to stall and will catch itself a few times before it does stall completely or i catch it with the pedal.

The log file i posted you can see at the very end the idle surging up and down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Injector data is wrong - IFR is for referenced regulator, offset table is for non-referenced.

The rest of the file has significant problems - mainly the VE. BRAF is very strange. Stall saver is zeroed out, and you have a stalling problem? -shock-

Any one of these by itself could cause your issue, I'd say going back to stock and only changing what you can prove needs changing would be a good idea.

i was playing with stall saver so dont mind that, its back to stock just wasnt done when i saved this file either way didnt help anyway.

as far as injector data what is wrong exactly?
    To give more information we are using a aeromotive regulator boost ref 1:1. and this is a return system now.

ve looks bad because its obviously isnt tuned, at first with all the different 60lb injector data other there, we havnt been able to command pw below 2.2 now with this current data we can get it down to 1.6 and can finally control fuel at idle.

but thats where we stopped as this stalling/ idle surge has started. i know its something in the injector data or i missing a table somewhere as i can swap other injector data in and get a nice idle rpm but with a 10 afr and no fuel control.

braf only has added 3 g/s over stock which seemed to help slightly

because this is a return system now do i have to set my offset table the same way as my IFR table and set the voltage the same across the top kpa axis from zero?

(um, which one of you am I talking to here?)

Yes, offset vs volts vs vac should carry the 0 vacuum column all the way across, like the IFR. Because pressure across the injector is constant now no matter what happens to the pressure in the manifold (fuel pressure changes by the same amount as manifold pressure).

The VE is super-critical in regards to idle quality and surging issues, it's not something you can put off until later for when this idle problem is solved. It's likely the root cause. Or one of them.

The BRAF should be smooth, not with a big hump in the one single area you think needs help. When you do things like that it can get stuck in a loop where it jumps between cells and can't keep up (the same thing happens with a f'ed up VE table), that lag is what makes it surge.

Potential Tuner
    same person 2 accounts. Yup carried over the offset from zero and i now have full control of fuel and no more stalling. Now i can finally breath and start to tune it. thx for the help.