Thread: turbo ls2 burst knock?

turbo ls2 burst knock?

78mm turbo ls2 stock engine 93 octane only commanding 15 degrees max at wot on just shy of 4 psi and i get around 2 degrees of knock at wot but its not on every pull. Can someone take a look at this? I think it may be burst knock.

to bbs.hplto dutchway.hplBoosted C6 VE with 775cc injectors 3.hpt
    2007 C6 Corvette on3 single turbo kit on a bone stock LS2

So disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    So disable it.
    Im going to next time I take it out I just wanted someone else input since it doesn't do it on every pull

Burst knock is a predictive thing that no longer guesses right once you go changing things. Turn it off, it is useless now.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 09cobalt 2.2 View Post
    78mm turbo ls2 stock engine 93 octane only commanding 15 degrees max at wot on just shy of 4 psi and i get around 2 degrees of knock at wot but its not on every pull. Can someone take a look at this? I think it may be burst knock.

to bbs.hplto dutchway.hplBoosted C6 VE with 775cc injectors 3.hpt
    From your log.. That doesn't look like burst knock. Burst knock will happen on big changes in airflow. What you saw looks like normal knock. You can log burst knock specifically and see if that is the case. Burst knock will report as normal knock with "total knock retard" pid.

But having said that.. I saw less than 2 degrees once.. If the car is well tuned you might see knock here and there.. but not repeatable.. nothing major. This car looks like it might even be short on timing still. Even though you saw that 2 degrees.. it was only once out of several hits on the log. You might can isolate when it knocks more constantly with IAT, prehaps ECT and take care of it in those tables.

I vote to disable burst knock regardless.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

So im still having random kr at wot on 8 psi commanding 13 degrees. Sometimes I get alot of of kr sometimes I get a degree or so on the same timing map. It makes no sense to me at all. Any ideas?

test3.hpl test4.hpl Timing Test Turbo LS2.hpt