Thread: Possible valley in VE Table

Possible valley in VE Table

2007 LS2 with the 2 bar os stock engine with a on3 turbo setup. I appear to have a valley or hole in the ve but data logs don't show it as a lean spot. Can someone take a look at it and let me know what they think? DFCO is turned on as this was meant to be the final tune for my car until I get my injectors in.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2007 C6 Corvette on3 single turbo kit on a bone stock LS2

I tried to post my data log but apparently its too big

OK heres the histogram of the ltft+stft

ltft+stft ve.xlsx

No expert here....
    Have you targeted the "Valley" area specifically?

If it was me I would go out and specifically hit cells at 3000 RPM from 65 to 95 kpa (kind of the floor of the valley)
    I know that is real hard on the street, I ruined a set of rotors targeting specific areas.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

I have as best as i could and it doesn't run lean or anything.

I can try again and see what happens

This is different, Usually see fail high set to something, lets say 100. Then fail low at 99
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Quote Originally Posted by 09cobalt 2.2 View Post
    I have as best as i could and it doesn't run lean or anything.

I can try again and see what happens
    Okay
    Maybe hit the high areas on each side?

Also post up a log. One of the big boys might see something obvious

It works for me lol I don't know because the car is mafless

And I will. I have a log but its too big to post

Got Ya
    So your system has IAT separate from the MAF? And your running Closed Loop SD?

And I don't mean to be 50 questions, but this is stuff I've seen in the past. You have 200 posts so I'm sure you're good.

EDIT
    I just saw the "ve.xls you posted
    So are you Tuning PE with a wideband and non PE with your o2 error
    Last edited by dhoagland; 06-19-2022 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Got Ya
    So your system has IAT separate from the MAF? And your running Closed Loop SD?

And I don't mean to be 50 questions, but this is stuff I've seen in the past. You have 200 posts so I'm sure you're good.

EDIT
    I just saw the "ve.xls you posted
    So are you Tuning PE with a wideband and non PE with your o2 error
    I have a breakout harness for the IAT sensor and yeah its closed loop SD and yeah stock o2 sensors for driving and wideband for PE

I'm more used to maf tuning then I am VE

Advanced Tuner
    Since you haven't changed the cam or injectors, I'd say you're likely just seeing the real world dynamics of an accurate VE surface. Look at the stock VVE for that car...you'll notice a similar valley/trough in exactly the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Since you haven't changed the cam or injectors, I'd say you're likely just seeing the real world dynamics of an accurate VE surface. Look at the stock VVE for that car...you'll notice a similar valley/trough in exactly the same spot.
    Good to know...

Your Signature: BAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    I didn't think injectors would change how the VE is. I actually got my new injectors in for it today

Senior Tuner
    The VE table looks ok to me. You'll see dips and valleys.. in fact if you look at any dyno graph especially for a LSX vehicle you'll see a little valley usually in the mid 3000'ish RPM and sometimes another one right before 4800RPM.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs