Thread: 2 bar, flexfuel, pig rich

Advanced Tuner

2 bar, flexfuel, pig rich

Hi.

I made a 2 bar COS to this 12216125 -> 1252013 5.3 truck PCM and also enabled flexfuel.
    Flexfuel sensor is showing the alcohol% and all seems to work fine if I command to open loop. Now there's 8% ethanol in fuel.
    Narrow bands show very rich and the car won't stay running when in closed loop. Wideband shows 11 AFR quite steadily.
    I took 30% off from the VE with no luck. The WB still shows 11 AFR. I repeated that by taking another 30% off and still the same.

Injectors are Siemens Deka 80lb FI114700. The engine is stock 5.3 with LS1 cam and one turbo on top of it. MAP sensor is of course 2 bar version.

I wrote the original tune back in and started all over but the result stay the same. I don't know what to do next. In the enclosed log file I commanded OL few times when it was about to stall with -15% fuel trims. In OL it run fine and narrow bands showed rich mixture.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tapi; 06-16-2022 at 02:13 PM.

What MAP sensor uses linear/offset of 200/10.33?

And your MAF is not failed correctly. Should be MIL On First Error, not No MIL Light. No P0102/P0103, no speed density.

You aren't logging open/closed loop status, so it's really hard to figure out what's you poking things while it's running and what it's doing on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Bahahhahaha

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks, my mistake with MAP and P0102/P0103, I copied them from an old tune (which was working fine though). However the mountain in the (not yet anyhow tuned) VE is not relevant since I'm on numbers 54-58 all the time on idle when this thing dies.
    I will try this again tomorrow with proper DTC's and MAP scaling.

Advanced Tuner
    VE is relevant.

Advanced Tuner
    I changed MAP values to ones I looked from GM specs, I smoothed out the VE. I switched the MAF codes visibility.

Still exactly the same.

It starts well, runs well in open loop but as soon as it switches to CL, it goes rich and dies. I took 30% off from the VE without any improvement.
    Wideband shows 11 AFR when it's running in OL. In CL it shows quite rapid movement to extremely lean, then the engine struggles to keep running, STFT's go to zero due to visiting in another cell and it starts all over.

My concern was originally towards injector data since I didn't find any tunes with these (at least with my search terms) and I copied what I could from Dteck's excel.
    Attached there is present tune and one short log of it in which I strat the car and let it run to CL and it dies.

Advanced Tuner
    Some of the mystery got solved today. I put original injectors in and it started to behave as I wished. Now it responds to VE tuning by going richer where I want and leaner where I want.

So now I need a functional injector data for Siemens Deka 80. Part number either FI114700 or A2C32624700. Anyone?
    I searched this forum and found few similar questions unanswered. I wonder if this injector is in use widely?