Thread: help with timing table

Tuner in Training

help with timing table

i have an LQ4 with 243 heads, summit flat top pistons (STD Bore), summit 8712R truck cam, 1 3/4 long tube headers and a truck intake. im running 87 octane. compression is 10.0-1. im having trouble getting the timing table worked out, ive tried a few different settings and cant seem to find where it likes to pull like it should. It is a 2004 silverado 4X4 auto and im running a MAF tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

The timing table looks clean, it's smooth looking at least so that is good.

A fairly modded engine running 87 octane is going to limit power production though, running 89 octane or higher will help you run higher timing at higher rpm to really take advantage of that camshaft and cylinder heads. It would probably be pretty happy around 23-25 degrees of timing in the upper rpm.

The MAF and VE still need a little work, they aren't super smooth yet.

I also personally think the tune has a few things setup to make it a little lazy and not as quick to respond to it being floored. Things I would change are:

Raise the PE map kpa to 80kpa, lower the enable torque to 50%. Lower the hot/cold pedal enable to 65% and lower the rpm delay to 1,500rpm.

In the torque mngt tab I would just max out the max torque vs rpm table, set the whole ETC TPS MAX table to 100 for all cells and also disable abuse mode by changing it to 7,000rpm and 0mph. Also in the systems options tab this file has brake torque mngt still on, change that cell to a zero to turn it off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.