Thread: Newb figuring things out. help with some numbers in tables.

Potential Tuner

Newb figuring things out. help with some numbers in tables.

So i got some help from a community member that helped a ton now im working on the dreaded p0300 random misfire issue. I have trouble shooted all aspects checking for false knock/false misfire. and eliminated all the outside factors. Compression equal and balanced across all cylinders, timing marks on plugs are barely visible. no vac leaks, fuel pressure is spot on. checked all the valve train all rockers are tight. My cam is the only thing that can can be causing the random misfires so thinking i need to adjust the missfire detection numbers. the random misfires are only at low idle below 1000 rpm and go away above that point. Which tables would i need to adjust to drecrease the sensitivity of the misfire detection as well as what to adjust in the knock sensor levels. Ive come across several posts about adjustments in various tables but the posts were older, also i was confused on which way to adjust on numbers up or down depending on the table. i dont want to fully turn off knock sensors in case i get some nasty fuel or true major knock. I just know i can see timing being pulled due to the false knock. ive attached the current tune and data log. part way through the log i did another CASE relearn to make sure.
    I have a BTR stage 2 truck cam SPECS: 212/218 .480/.480 111+0 GM perf .550 springs Btr Trunion upgrade on factory rockers.
    Summit racing shorty headers 1 7/8 primaries
    factory lm7 intake. stock injectors
    factory 823 heads fully gone over minor port work. just smoothing/polishing. stock pitons, gen 4 rods. stock flex plate/converter.

advise appreciated on which direction to go. im learning trying to research as much as i can before posting. one thing i havent been able to find is which way numbers go in tables to increase things or decrease things IE decrease sensitivity in the knock sensor global gain and or any of the associated tables affecting the knock sensors or the misfire detection.

thanks for any help and smooth running to you all.

Tahoe67-base.hpttahoe67-base.hpl

I have never messed with this
    Under Engine diagnostics tab
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    I have never messed with this
    Under Engine diagnostics tab
    thats the section I was looking at. i wasnt sure which way the numbers go to decrease the sensitivity on the misfire detection. if increasing the numbers made them more sensitive or vice versa. same with the knock sensor settings, From what ive been reading i was only going to increase the recovery rate so the knock retard clears faster. I want to make sure im not missing any true knock but cutting out some of the false knock.

Increasing numbers reduces sensitivity. 32,767 will mean you will get no detection at all. With a BIG cam sometimes you want this. Don't get rid of it entirely as it is still a good diagnostic tool