Thread: Lost EGR signal for wideband AFR????

Tuner in Training

Lost EGR signal for wideband AFR????

I cannot seem to get my computer to show the EGR voltage, whats bad is it was working fine last time I logged my car. I went to the track friday night and could not log my AFR anymore and come to find out its not reading the EGR voltage for some reason. I have 4.XX volts on pin 55 and ground on pin 23 to the wideband.
    The wideband is reading AFR like it always had, its just the scanner is reading 0 Volts for the EGR position.
    Maybe its my computer?
    Can anyone see if its showing EGR voltage on your scanner?
    here is a quick log

Thank you

no egr signal.hpl

P0405 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low (Current)

I'd start by removing/reseating the PCM connector. If that fixes it, de-pin the EGR wire and check the pin fit (drag).

You also have a P0122.

Tuner in Training
    I will check the pin, I had the connector apart and everything looked good but I didn?t check to see if that particular pin was tight or not.
    Not sure what?s up with the throttle position code, I?m reading throttle position when logging and that code was there even when it was logging egr voltage.
    Thank you

Tuner in Training
    check pin it is tight, showing 4.X volts at pin 55 but reading 0 on datalog
    still has the code in it P0405 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low (SES, Pending, Current, History)

This is crazy, any way its a bad PCM or something in the tune?

Tuner in Training
    72 firebird tune.hpt

here is the current tune if anyone knows what to look for, maybe I bumped something when I flashed it last

The flash at 05/02 10:01:34 has EGR enabled, after that it changes to disabled. Does that sound like about the time it quit working?

screenshot.30-05-2022 20.12.09.png

Tuner in Training
    My goodness......I have no idea how I missed that or why I changed that. I havent datalogged the car in a few weeks so I must have somehow clicked that to disabled.... Or reverted back to a much earlier tune.
    thanks again for clearing up my stupidity! It is now working fine lol

I've had it change on me as well. Sometimes I update HPtuners and new options appear and that seems to affect the old selections we made.

Like I'll never forget the time I flashed my car and suddenly the a/f went crazy lean for no apparent reason.
    The HPtuners updated some new options and it automatically put my car into closed loop.
    Well, I have no narrowband sensors, so there is no closed loop.
    I had to re-select "OPEN LOOP" and change the temperature of enable to impossible temps so it doesn't activate.

All the more reason never update your software lol jk jk but yeah read through the file after any update or progress to make sure the stuff is where you left it. I regularly go through each window every table just to check my work over time. It also helps u familiarize with the options available "oh yeah I forgot I could do that"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I?ll keep an eye on it!