Thread: Trailblazer SS (E67) Newbie Help

Tuner in Training

Trailblazer SS (E67) Newbie Help

Hello,

First, I will say I am new to the tuning world. My experience is learning through Goat Rope Garage and the High-Performance Academy. I am trying to tune my 2009 TBSS with a 6.0L with full-length headers, an Air Induction Solutions CAI, no cats, a summit 8708r1 cam (232/242 113+3, .600/.600 Lift), AEM Wideband, and a 3200 stall converter. I am running into an issue where it is super rich on startup, and at idle it will go very rich as well. I have done VE and MAF, and I think they are good. Would anyone be able to provide me insight on what could be going on/tell me if my tune is bad? I appreciate any insight. I am new at this, so don't tear me up too bad...lol Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

You got quite a mess there. First thing to sort out is what the hell is up with the O2 sensors (and with no cats, the Post O2 Test, Catalyst Test, & downstream O2 DTCs all need turned off).

Tuner in Training
    I replaced the upstream sensor on bank 2 because it kept blowing the 02 sensor fuse. Do you think bank 1 sensor needs replaced too? Could my long tubes be causing the readings? Where is the post 02 test? I cant seem to find it in the tune. Thanks for your help!

You sure you don't have the O2's swapped side-for-side? That's the only time I see trims maxed out negative on one bank while the other is maxed out positive.

totally krossed out.png

I made just a few changes here and there, basic stuff. Please do a file compare and make sure I didn't change something back that you had good reason for. If nothing else, turning the upstream O2 codes back on will help you diagnose the O2 problems.

TBSS MAF & VE Tuned Step 1 My Tune o2 Sensors copy Base Map - changes.hpt

Oh, could also be bank 1/bank 2 injector harnesses swapped. Would have the same result - it sees B1 O2 voltage stuck at zero and adds fuel but it goes into the other bank instead which makes B2 O2 go to 900mV. Meanwhile it's pulling fuel from B2...

Oxygen sensors should be treated like tires or shocks/struts - never replace just one at a time. Delco/NTK/Denso only.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you! I will replace the other with an ntk sensor. I'm going to unplug one sensor and pull a long and make sure it's the right sensor that zeros out in the scanner. I very well could have gotten them swapped somehow. I really appreciate you're help. I'm trying to learn.

Tuner in Training
    Hey, I did have the 02 sensors plugged in wrong. I never would have noticed that because I thought my tune was wrong. Thanks for those little tweaks you did too. My fueling is perfect now. Can you PM me your venmo, cashapp or something so I can buy you a case of whatever drink? You're a hero.