Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injector timing spreadsheet-anyone familiar?

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    i ended up copying the tables over from the cal. from a while back. throttle snap feels good. stood on it in 1st gear and instantly tires lit up, so that makes me happy. however, it did have some "cruise control" feel to it. i figured id need to adjust VVE anyways so i tried tweaking VVE. ill get a log tomorrow after work and see what the results are. Huggins i appreciate the help brother.

Thought you might possibly like it better You can post it too, I don't mind. Gives a good example of the above vs going the other way for cam tuning......

You'll need to re-tune VVE and MAF.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    i usually have ect flatlined with ethanol as id rather more in the warming chamber then a cold valve as the ethanol will just be trying to cool it further anyway, and u dont waste as much straight out the exhaust sometimes too
    Hadn't even thought about doing it for that reason. That's a good idea, especially with how ethanol acts cold.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    so here is what i ended up with after applying the injector info from your cal. then tweaking on the VVE. new vve.hptGHuggins.hpt
    how important is the short pulse adder? looks like i didnt copy that one over, but i guess i could throw it in there and find out.

Tuning Addict
    Short pulse adder is injector specific - no need to copy over.

MAF and VVE both look really nice, smooth, linear and realistic. Up to you on which timing tables you want to run. Guess it just depends on the ones that perform the best over all.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    i usually have ect flatlined with ethanol as id rather more in the warming chamber then a cold valve as the ethanol will just be trying to cool it further anyway, and u dont waste as much straight out the exhaust sometimes too
    I shouldn't have the problem of sending fuel out the exhaust with a stock cam (for now), but I did notice a cold hesitation since I started running E85 this past year. I'm not sure that it wasn't there on 93 as I am not in the habit of rapping the throttle until fully warmed up, but maybe it was, or maybe just not as bad/noticeable. Too bad there is not a 2nd inj boundary chart for flex fuel. Thank you, I may have to play around with that the ECT chart a bit.

Senior Tuner
    with ethanol i like to be different in some ways, what i do is for cranking fuel only about double the amount in the cold cranking range or increase it till it fires easy with eoit at or after EVC as u would when at operating temp, then once running the OL lean it out to the .95-1.0 commanded or even if its commanding richer make sure the WB reads the .95 - 1.0 lambda once its running that will also help it warm up, dont just go super rich when cold it will be wasted and take longer to warm up, the cranking spark usually with camshaft i have it bout the 0-5 deg adv just so the piston is closest to most compression to help when cold, i also add to the dwell time for the cranking rpm to get a better spark, all this seems to work for mine on ethanol it may only crank over a second or two longer then fire up, hot starts should be almost instant