Thread: High idle

Tuner in Training

High idle

I have a gen 4 6.0, fresh rebuild with a mild cam and long tube headers. I have followed steps to set idle and have started tuning. I ran into issues with my TB and replaced it with a stock reman for now. Ever since I did that the idle won't go below 1100 or so in P/N and 950-1000 in gear. It is sometimes hard to stop with the idle so high. Attached is my current tune. I am in the middle of SD tuning. First time, first LS so be gentle...trying to learn. TIA
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Any logs? Cant tell much from just the tune file. I do see VE table looks weird.
    2007 Corvette LS2 M6 1 3/4 headers cam motion titan4 (227/232 613/596 113LS) Borla S-Type axle back

Tuning Addict
    Lower your percent max and percent max brake to something closer to stock. Also your min air from 1600 up.

Then just a fyi. Seems like all the parts getting made today have gone downhill greatly with this recent work force ethic. Tuned one last week where we had to go through 3 different tb's before we found one that would work like it was supposed to. First went into limp mode over and over with wot hits after getting hot. Second one would fire then free rev to 3000rpms and hold there no matter what was changed. Third worked like it was designed to. These were all different tb's from Summit.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I'm currently trying to dial in the VE table via SD tuning. I'll post an idle log later today or tmrw. Thank y'all for the input. I'll try those adjustments too @GHuggins

Tuner in Training

High idle con't

Ok, so I made the changes to the tune you suggested @GHuggins. I am still idling around 1000 when my desired idle is 800. I am at a loss. I am trying to do some SD tuning. Would that bring my idle down eventually? I am running pretty rich. Attached is a tune file, idle only, and the current log with the suggested changes. Thanks for your help, or anyone's help.
    Attached Files Attached Files