Thread: Curious - can I disable TC/ABS through HPTuners?

Potential Tuner

Curious - can I disable TC/ABS through HPTuners?

So, my mom has an Express Van with a dbw 6.0 and a 4l80e. Unfortunately, it has had as traction control/abs issue for some time. We've scanned the codes, and we can't seem to fix the issues identified. Recently, it has been cutting throttle when it thinks there is wheel spin. Can I use HP Tuners to shut off the throttle cut? It's doing more harm than good.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmantx View Post
    So, my mom has an Express Van with a dbw 6.0 and a 4l80e. Unfortunately, it has had as traction control/abs issue for some time. We've scanned the codes, and we can't seem to fix the issues identified. Recently, it has been cutting throttle when it thinks there is wheel spin. Can I use HP Tuners to shut off the throttle cut? It's doing more harm than good.
    You can disable traction control. What year model is the van?

What codes does it set, and why can't they be diagnosed and fixed? Not everything can be fixed by replacing whatever part is named in the title of a DTC.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You can disable traction control. What year model is the van?
    It's an 04, but it apparently has a one year TCS/ABS system with the tow package.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    What codes does it set, and why can't they be diagnosed and fixed? Not everything can be fixed by replacing whatever part is named in the title of a DTC.
    It sets a code for rear wheel speed circuit malfunction, and we've replaced wires, sensor, etc. I don't know the exact codes off the top of my head.

I'm trying way too hard to find some info that can help you, but I give up, not enough to go on. I assume that the special brake thing you're talking about is RPO JL4? But from there, I don't know the VIN, I don't know the code(s), I don't know how the sensor signals have been checked, I don't know if it's a 1500/2500/3500, I don't know if it's a 10.5 or 8.6 rear axle...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I'm trying way too hard to find some info that can help you, but I give up, not enough to go on. I assume that the special brake thing you're talking about is RPO JL4? But from there, I don't know the VIN, I don't know the code(s), I don't know how the sensor signals have been checked, I don't know if it's a 1500/2500/3500, I don't know if it's a 10.5 or 8.6 rear axle...
    I'll check the VIN, but it's 3500 with a 10.5 axle.

#PIT3013D: Stabilitrak Disable Message Appears On The DIC Or Unwanted Stabilitrak Activation - keywords ABS brake DTC light MIL suspension TCS - (Jun 26, 2007)

Subject: Stabilitrak Disable Message Appears on the DIC or Unwanted Stabilitrak Activation

Models: 2002-2008 Cadillac Escalade Models
    2003-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Suburban, Tahoe
    2007-2008 Chevrolet Silverado
    2003-2008 GMC Savana, Yukon and Yukon Denali Models
    2007-2008 GMC Sierra
    With RPO JL4

This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIT3013C.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
    Condition/Concern:

Some customers may comment on one or more of the following concerns:

The Stability System Disabled message or Stability Not Ready message may be displayed on the DIC (Driver Information Center).
    Unwanted Stabilitrak activation.
    The vehicle lighting systems may dim noticeably.
    The VSES motor may come on unexpectedly.

Recommendation/Instructions:

Check for excessive wear on any of the tires on the vehicle and then verify that all the tires are the same size, brand, and same model. It is also important to check and make sure the tire pressure is properly adjusted per the sticker on the door. The following examples listed below could cause any of the conditions listed above.

2 tires on the vehicle are Goodyear P245/75R16 and the other 2 tires are Firestone P245/75R16
    2 Tires on the vehicle are brand new and the other two tires have excessive wear.
    2 Tires on the vehicle are Goodyear Wrangler SRA 265/70R17 and 2 tires are Goodyear Wrangler HP 265/70R17 (Same brand/different models)
    Aftermarket Wheels and Tires (NON-OEM 20 inch wheels and tires)
    Tire pressure is not properly adjusted.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

#PIT4080A: ABS And Traction Off Lights Come On Intermittently DTC U1040 Or U1041 - keywords brake communication EBCM EBTCM indicator intermittent IPC lamp no TCS U1040 U1041 VSES - (Jan 16, 2007)

Subject: ABS and Traction Off Lights Come On Intermittently DTC U1040 or U1041

Models: 2003-2007 Chevrolet Express
    2003-2007 GMC Savana

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
    Condition/Concern:

The ABS light and the Traction Off light come on intermittently. A DTC U1040 or a U1041 may be set as a history code. This can be caused by a poor pin connection at the Underhood Bused Electrical Center (UBEC).
    Recommendation/Instructions:

If a current DTC U1040 or U1041 is found, follow the flow chart in SI for the code. If this is a history code, check for a poor pin connection at the Underhood Bused Electrical Center (UBEC). Check the following pins for circuit 441, connector C2 pin A9 and connector C3 pin E1.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.