Thread: Autometer Wideband

Potential Tuner

Autometer Wideband

I am just wondering if anyone has tried the autometer wideband set up yet. I am thinking of getting this unit and want to know if it is a decent product or not. I will be getting hptuners in the very near future and want to make sure that I don't buy something that will be a pain in the ass.

Can't see anything wrong with it...

If you get one, give us feedback.
    Eg: ease of installation, accuracy, portability. etc..
    Always Support Our Troops!

The Autometer WB pid is not listed in the scanner, so you would need to configure a user defined enhanced input.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    Well from what I am finding out, it seems no one can get them yet. I tried to get info from Autometer about this unit, and they can't even help yet. If I end up getting this I will see what happens.

Potential Tuner
    u try summit or jegs?

Potential Tuner
    I haven't had a chance to call them. I did call a local performance shop and they have the gauges on back order. They haven't been able to get the gauges or any info yet either.

You don't need a gauge, as the data will be displayed in the scanner charts & histograms.

Russ Kemp

uh oh, I have one now. and I didnt think there would be a problem as the info from autometer said it is able to download to tuning software. hope someone has experience. I dont think it would be much of a problem, but I am uncomfortable that is not tried at this point.

note: I dont have HPTUNERS yet to try it. will have shortly though.

Custom PID is .6666 + 10 as the output is 0-4 volts from 10 to 16 AFR
    4/6 + 10 is the formula.

Autometer has 2 things going against it so far. 0-4 volt output and the most incredibly annoying wideband "feature" yet. A 20 second delay after you start the car before you get any wideband data. Because of that I rate the Autometer with an "F+" for tuning usefullness.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Senior Tuner
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh, good to know. Thanks guys. I was talkin with Russ and I'm going to put the FJO in mine, and their Canadian too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    You don't need a gauge, as the data will be displayed in the scanner charts & histograms.

Russ Kemp
    Well shit I just went rice when I didnt know it LOL. I guess I have pretty lights now moving forward.LOL

actually because I am a beginner tuner I thought this might be the safest thing to do incase I screw up with a table or two and/or reflashing.

I do understand your point. there are loggers you can use that is just temporary in the car and can be used in other cars. once you do it right then why monitor it. I guess I just want piece of mind right now.
    1/4 - 13.9 @ 101.6, Best 60ft 2.1840 Performance mods to obtain best times - GMS2 and a K&N drop in filter.
    But now GMS2 is SOLD Car needs more work with tune. 13.9 with very rough tune.
    GIMILI Drag Raceway September 29th or BUST

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune View Post
    Custom PID is .6666 + 10 as the output is 0-4 volts from 10 to 16 AFR
    4/6 + 10 is the formula.

Autometer has 2 things going against it so far. 0-4 volt output and the most incredibly annoying wideband "feature" yet. A 20 second delay after you start the car before you get any wideband data. Because of that I rate the Autometer with an "F+" for tuning usefullness.
    Was there an update to this?

This formula nets the wideband to behave improperly for me. HPT is reading it 1 full point lower than the gauge does.