Thread: Cant get reliable effects from changes made to tune.

Potential Tuner

Cant get reliable effects from changes made to tune.

Car/Mods: 2014 Camaro SS, Magnuson Tvs2300, TSP Stage 3 SC cam, AEM WbO2, A1000 stealth in tank pump, DW 95LB injectors, Kooks LT headers.

I'm at a wall, and I'm not even sure how my car runs at all. Long story short, I've done all of the tuning for my car up until my point, going from stock, to cammed, and now to SCed. However I'm getting frustrated in that I cannot seem to get any consistent changes out of the changes I make to the tune file.

At first, when the car was just cammed, I was making changes to just the VVE table. I know that this is wrong now.

According to HPA, part throttle tuning should be done by adjusting the MAF calibration... so that's what I just tried to do. Log the appropriate data, take fuel from where STFT takes fuel, add where it gives.... No effect. Unfortunately I don't have a saved log for this (I was a little too frustrated to remember to hit save) but after a few logging and tuning iterations, I had taken approximately 30% away from the values in an area, and AFR and STFT show exactly what they did before. (.8Lambda and -11%STFT while cruising @ about 2krpm).

If anyone would like to see logs/values before and after changes, please let me know what you would like to see and I will Log/screencap it. I really want to learn how to do this, but I feel like there is nothing to learn if when I make changes I cant reliably see its effects.

Maybe I'm changing the wrong thing, maybe my car IS bumblebee and doesnt like me poking with his brain.

Tuning Addict
    If you're not aware of it - read up on rich after flash. You'll need to dial in VVE and MAF pretty closely where it idles. Adjust injection timing to where it's optimized from there and then do some hot reflashes to dial in injector tip temp. Then keep in mind to allow 15ish minutes before logging even after getting inj tip temp dialed in. Otherwise you'll chase 20ish percent rich to lean swings over and over again.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    I was not aware of that, thank you. It looks a little more like I would expect, but ive only gotten around to doing a couple more runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Folse View Post
    I was not aware of that, thank you. It looks a little more like I would expect, but ive only gotten around to doing a couple more runs.
    posting a log file and tune file would be very helpful.
    aside from that goat rope has great videos that show you what to turn off in order to tune correctly.
    good luck.