Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 ctsv lsa stalling and too rich in drive

11 ctsv lsa stalling and too rich in drive

i have a 2011 ctsv, stroker 383, cammed, cai and full headers no cats.
    car has decent tune i already did the maf runs great on that section.
    now im tuning sd and disabled maf, getting stalling from idle when i accelerate. sometimes itll slowly climb up.
    itll rev up fine in park. have logs and tune attached. any help is appreciated.
    thanks.
    updating w new file, includes new vve table and eq to 1.16
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dually681; 04-24-2022 at 05:10 PM.

I'm not sure, but I don't think negative nineteen billion is a valid number to put in the VVE table.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I'm not sure, but I don't think negative nineteen billion is a valid number to put in the VVE table.
    i know, but is anyone ever going to hit map 100?

100kPa? You're most likely at 100kPa right now, sitting in your chair and breathing normal 100kPa atmosphere.

Tuning Addict
    Yeah, anything above 100kpa is usually boost and yours is boosted, so your basically taking all of your fuel away when getting into boost. You even have (-) values below boost in higher rpms. Go back to a stock VE table and adjust from there. Not sure why you started with a flat cut table anyway unless fueling is scaled incorrectly?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Bahaha this made me laugh

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Yeah, anything above 100kpa is usually boost and yours is boosted, so your basically taking all of your fuel away when getting into boost. You even have (-) values below boost in higher rpms. Go back to a stock VE table and adjust from there. Not sure why you started with a flat cut table anyway unless fueling is scaled incorrectly?
    ok my vve table maxes out at 105kpa. i have a feeling thats missing more rows down there. when i do zones the lower zones are not showing .any help is appreciated.

Tuning Addict
    You have a 3ish bar VVE table from factory. Just click on the axis on the left then click the second one. Should be the most boost you'll see with that lsa blower on a bigger displacement engine anyway.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Start with this - should be closer. I only put in the open and closed tables - didn't look over any of the rest of the tune or mod anything else....... If you so wish you can change the axis back and forth and more finely dial things in too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

~Greg Huggins~

Those PE settings look kinda... dangerous? Disabled below 5k then at 5500 it drops to 1.18?

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Those PE settings look kinda... dangerous? Disabled below 5k then at 5500 it drops to 1.18?
    got the vve table fixed, this is a great learning process. set eq to 1.16 for now have a very nice idle.
    going for a test drive soon. uploading new file to OP

Tuning Addict
    You might want to go the opposite way on that. Your stoic is 14.700, so 14.700 / 1.16 = 12.672 = good for NA, but not boosted. You'll want something more like 1.22 or a 12 afr or even a 1.26 for an 11.66 afr target. 12's fine, but you better know what your doing or at least on a dyno to measure gains/losses... You'll also want to keep your VVE table smooth - especially in boosted areas - that dip will affect from idle to wot transient stomps

~Greg Huggins~

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your log and file is screwed royally

i responded to your email file is ready
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    your log and file is screwed royally

i responded to your email file is ready
    I asked you for a price. and you responded $400usd. no way, i pay that for local dyno tuning.
    im trying to learn, thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You have a 3ish bar VVE table from factory. Just click on the axis on the left then click the second one. Should be the most boost you'll see with that lsa blower on a bigger displacement engine anyway.
    thank you , thats a great help. keep yall posted as i move along

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dually681 View Post
    I asked you for a price. and you responded $400usd. no way, i pay that for local dyno tuning.
    im trying to learn, thanks though.
    He's charging you $400 bucks for a tune? That's pretty decent price man...I don't know why you think that is so expensive considering all the time that goes into learning how to tune. I started tuning my ctsv myself in 2018 and I'm still learning shit 4 years later..just to give you an idea of what you are up against.

Advanced Tuner
    definitely richen up that eq ratio..12.6 with a roots blower is getting pretty lean..and that's assuming that you airflow model is correct. It could be even worse if it's off and you go even leaner while WOT. Guys typically run these cars from 11.2-11.8 afr

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    owner of thread wants a freebie

reason why i charged that is that the file is a complete MESS

dyno tunes are great but dont address your daily drivability concerns

dailing in a car takes time, i doubt you will pay hundreds of dollars for that on a dyno
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    owner of thread wants a freebie

reason why i charged that is that the file is a complete MESS

dyno tunes are great but dont address your daily drivability concerns

dailing in a car takes time, i doubt you will pay hundreds of dollars for that on a dyno
    I don't think that's unfair at all considering alot of guys charge more than that for a tune for the ctsv

Totally fair price… would have been better then his local dyno tune most likely too

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C