Thread: 2010 cvpi throttle angle

Tuner in Training

2010 cvpi throttle angle

hello just wondering if its ok to mess with the throttle angle i did last night it seem to be more responsive was at 82 tried puting to 99 and max throttle angle vs rpm did the same and predicted throttle angle did alittle too this one i dont think i should really mess with was going to try to max these out. seem like it just give me full throttle faster form what i understand and if thats correct i shouldn't need to adjust anything as its just responding faster now. im a noob done just enuff to get the car working with 5speed swap. any help is much appreciated.Screenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).pngScreenshot (9).pngScreenshot (10).png

Advanced Tuner
    No your understanding is wrong

the throttle blade is gear driven and at 82 degrees the gear opens the throttle blade completely

if it was able to keep pulling and there werent additional scalars for max angle you would be literally commanding the throttle to close backwards

visualize the bottom of the blade in the normally closed position opening fully center at 82 deg then commanded past center and back up to the top at 99 degress so its partially choked off again lol

Tuner in Training
    thank you for responding i was thinking it was responding faster not so much opening more it felt like it was more gradual increase before i turned them up the little i did. stupid question with it being electric say im 3rd gear 2000 rpm i go wot does it go wide open or will it only give let say 70% and and give more as it gets to desired rpm..

Tuner in Training
    return it back to stock values
    dont mess with throttle angle
    if you open key on and press pedal with out starting the car you can see throttle fully open at 75-76% TPS
    if you want to increase throttle respnce
    go to engine > torque mangment > Tip-In Torque Rate max
    stock value 10,000 change it to 100,000 for all values

Tuner in Training
    thanks i never put that tune on the car wasn't sure about . but im going to try what you said right now.