Thread: Is this belt slip or something else- Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner

Is this belt slip or something else- Any ideas?

Attached is the tune and scan. The last pull is the screenshot showing my MAF lb/min falling then rising. The car accelerates hard then kinda shudders a little as the excelleration slows slightly, then it picks back up again.

2014 Camaro LSA E67 on E80.

You can see the EQ ratio and spark is pretty stable when the MAF dips and the throttle position doesn't change. Boost moves slightly.
    Torque seems peaky on the graph if you zoom in just right.

snipit.JPG

HPT tune.hpt
    HPT scan.hpl
    Last edited by marksrig; 04-17-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Looks like your clutch has had enough

Capture.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post

Capture.JPG
    My clutch is stock, but why do the RPM's go down if it's slipping? Shouldn't they go up?
    Thanks Turbo

Advanced Tuner

Capture.JPG
    Oh I think I see what you're saying. I'm seeing the dip, but it's the rise that's abnormal here. of course MAF increases with the slip in the clutch. Probably hooks back up when it gets hot from the slip.

I lust put a new SC belt on with a 110mm idler, so it was confusing to be belt slip.

Thanks Turbo, makes more sense now
    Last edited by marksrig; 04-17-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Senior Tuner
    In the interests of thoroughness
    Log undriven wheel speed and driven wheel speed if available as PIDs in your channel list. When you select them to the graph choose 'No, I know what I'm doing' to the generic sensor pop up.

Advanced Tuner
    In the interests of thoroughness
    Log undriven wheel speed and driven wheel speed if available as PIDs in your channel list. When you select them to the graph choose 'No, I know what I'm doing' to the generic sensor pop up.
    Ok, So to look for wheel spin? I'm pretty sure it wasn't that because I usually don't spin in 3rd gear with my R888r's unless it's near freezing temps. I'll do it next time I'm out when it's not raining here if the PID is available.
    Thanks for your time

I'm with hjtrbo on this. If it was belt slip you should see a reduction/dip in MAP. Seems rock solid.

Your vehicle speed curve stays straight, and doesn't coincide with the RPM humps, in a manual it is very likely clutch slip. If speed is reading from the front wheels and this was wheel spin you would expect to see corresponding dips in the speed graph and if its reading from the rear wheels you would see humps.
    Last edited by BigTuner; 04-18-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I think you guys are right. If it was a belt slip, I would imagine I would see a reduction in boost as well as MAP like you said. I?m glad I asked the forum. Time to save for a new clutch