Thread: Desired Throttle Opening on E38: Actually using Map B??

Potential Tuner

Question Desired Throttle Opening on E38: Actually using Map B?? Or C? or E40?

On a truck E38 ECM with the proper OS to accept a ground signal on Pin 2 "4WD Low Signal (NQG/NP2)", would said signal cause the ECM to use "Map B - Winter/4WD" under "Desired Throttle Opening"?

All the other conditions/descriptions related to the alternate throttle Maps seem dependent on a BCM, but this is a direct connection to the ECU related to 4wd that was present on vehicles with a manual transfer case. My vehicle in question has no BCM, but the ability to activate an alternate pedal map without flashing the ECU to change back and forth would be very helpful.

Thoughts? resources to dig through? Other ideas? I've exhausted Google and my phone a friend lifelines, so I'm hoping one of you has some experience here and is willing to share info or point me in the right direction. TIA!
    Last edited by Wheelman99; 04-16-2022 at 11:10 AM. Reason: updated. widened net

Senior Tuner
    Is this a swapped vehicle? If so, I've seen the same thing as the default mode. It's looking for the signal that the t-case is present.
    Simply flashing the ECM as a 2wd application will get you going.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Is this a swapped vehicle? If so, I've seen the same thing as the default mode. It's looking for the signal that the t-case is present.
    Simply flashing the ECM as a 2wd application will get you going.
    Same thing as the Default mode? Could you explain?

Get me going? I'm not sure I understand. Nothing is broken or not working, I'm attempting to have the push button ability to change throttle maps.