Thread: Need tuning help

Tuner in Training

Need tuning help

Building a G8 GT with Bald Eagle Cam and a torquestorm. I have 20 years experience as a Master Tech in my family's independent shop that I now own so it is safe to say I know more than the average backyard guy but I have never got into tuning. I mainly just need someone that can help me with a base tune to get my car decently drivable then I can spend some time refining with a wide band and take it to a dyno guy to set timing. I would also like someone that is willing to have a conversation with me if need be when I get stuck on how to do something and give me advice if that is something anyone is willing to do. I have no interest in doing it for a living but I would like to get good at it just for my own enjoyment.

That's alot to dive into for your first tune, but you will need to post more info on your setup(Engine, Injectors, Fuel Pressure Setting - Referenced-Regulated or Stock, Fuel Type, Airflow measuring method you are using,Boost Level) and a base file if you need a base tune from someone. If you are looking for a great free resource on learning for your piece of mind check out Goat Rope Garage on youtube. If you want to spend a bit of time and money check out The Tuning School. I have done most brands/types of their training classes and they are great and the books included are great resources. I still find/found a ton of value in GRG! I'm sure their are some great people in here that love to help. Kevin and Ben both helped me a ton when I started out.
    2000 Camaro SS 408 TH400
    2012 Subaru WRX STI
    2013 Camaro SS
    2001 Corvette Z06

Let me know if I can help, I remote tune with some education

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS View Post
    That's alot to dive into for your first tune, but you will need to post more info on your setup(Engine, Injectors, Fuel Pressure Setting - Referenced-Regulated or Stock, Fuel Type, Airflow measuring method you are using,Boost Level) and a base file if you need a base tune from someone. If you are looking for a great free resource on learning for your piece of mind check out Goat Rope Garage on youtube. If you want to spend a bit of time and money check out The Tuning School. I have done most brands/types of their training classes and they are great and the books included are great resources. I still find/found a ton of value in GRG! I'm sure their are some great people in here that love to help. Kevin and Ben both helped me a ton when I started out.

Yes I have watched a bunch of GRG stuff, the one thing he hasn't covered or at least not that I have found is just getting a base tune to get it running well enough to actually drive it. If you have a link to a video I would love to watch that.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Let me know if I can help, I remote tune with some education
    I am going to email you as soon as I finish this response. I forgot to put that I am not afraid to pay someone for their time. I am more interested in the knowledge than I am saving money.