Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Read Me!!! Tuning How-To's & General Information

says The address is not valid.

cant view files from repository.
    Last edited by ajayniceg8; 09-08-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Figured it out

Tuner in Training
    There seems to be a "variety" of programs out there to "generate VE equations" from BlueCat (seems like the originator) and ktoonsez.
    Here there is an old and new version "listed".
    Is there a consensus on which one is the one to use or differences between each to understand which should be used when.

thanks for this

Potential Tuner
    hey bill new to hptuners I know how to do basic stuff...ive searched a lot on here but cant find a clear answer to tuning for a aftermarket cam....currently have a 2012 Tahoe 5.3 have done dod/vvt delete removed speed limiter....what do I need to do to tune a cam..installing a tsp 212/218 .550/.550 got ls6 springs...any info would be wonderful..thanks

We have developed a Tuning/HP Tuners 3.X Tutorial that goes with our formal training curriculum....1 year free updates :-)

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Updates to the Gen IV tutorial:
    -Bluecat VE generator Links are down, but you don't need this tool, HPT has a really nice integrated virtual VE tool, in the new editor Version 3, and up.
    -Histograms are no longer called Graphs, there are no included graphs (so don't bother looking in your my docs folder ) However the Graphs are able to be designed your self to suite your application, and X, and Y axis to match your table, how you have them personally setup in your editor. The graphs (read no longer histograms) Are accessible, and built in your new version 3 scanner. Also you old histograms cannot be converted to graphs as far as I know?

Here is the link to the new scanner sticky, section, and lots of good info to setup your new scanner I will add a link to help those setup there wideband through the a/c port (if your still running a old cable with no aux. inputs)

Here is a video from Mowton on setting up a wideband through a/c port for V3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_2M2uGSKs

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

If I mod could kindly clear this up some, or put it into more professional words and maybe post it in bold, on the beginning of this thread were all the nice links are, I think it would help a few of your old school customers who are, upgrading to version 3 still..lol As well as customers who are just starting out and using the helpful info in this guide, that's become mildly outdated, with he next, better generation, version 3, HP tuners.
    Last edited by 04colyZQ8; 01-31-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I can't view repository files. What did you do to correct that?

Are you using the most up to date 3.6 software from your customer page?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner

GENV Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    We have developed a Tuning/HP Tuners 3.X Tutorial that goes with our formal training curriculum....1 year free updates :-)

Ed M
    I am interested in what this tutorial has to offer. I have been venturing into learning about gen V tuning as well but cant find any write-ups that walk through the whole tuning process. Is this something that you are planning on adding to your site?

Potential Tuner
    I am having issues with two cars I recently tuned. Both are 2014 camaro SS I did a cam swap on both. They are running and idling perfectly. But in both situations if you are rolling let?s say at 50 mph and throw the car in neutral the idle will surge from 500-2000 and will not calm until you bring the car to a stop. Or if you give them a little throttle on the de-rev usually they will dip a little and idle. The cams are fairly aggressive 231/239 @.050 624/614 lift on 114lsa. And the other is 227/243 same lift and lsa. Other than this the idle quality is perfect if you rev them at a stop the engine comes right back to idle with no issue. But if he car is rolling even after a hard pull on the dyno the cars will search and search for idle until you come to a stop. After they will calm down. I have been playing with them for awhile and can?t seem to help the situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much. Both cars have long tube headers and cold air intake ect.

Tuner in Training

airflow

what rpm have you got as your rolling /moving idle also have you modified you integral airflow

Hello guys I am new to this so just keep on with me I have a 2013 chevy caprice with Cai headers catback and I want to tune it my self .I am doing an open loop maf tune so tell me if I am doing something wrong first of all disable dfco,cot,dod,oxy sensors,etc to prevent going to close loop when I am tuning then I should go to log the maf tables using my eq ratio on the editor and after I finish tuning copy the tables paste special multiply by half%_ etc after I do this I see people renableing their dfco oxy sensors now why is that isn't that going to destroy your tune since your tuning on open loop?

Another thing what's the best for tuning bolt ons only tune maf open loop ?maf close loop?speed density open loop?speed density close loop? And I also may upgrade to bolt ons cam nitrous so what's best for me?

The reason for shutting all that stuff off is so that it does not change anything for you. If you are using a wideband to correct the MAF table or the VVE table, you do not want anything to change the fueling on the fly. The fuel trims would auto correct and mess up all the error data.

Once everything is done with the wideband, turning everything back on would bring it back to a normal closed loop tune but with new changes to the overall airflow model (MAF/VVE). You've corrected the tune back to running closer to stoich, now the o2 sensors have to do less work when it's back in closed loop.

No matter what for something like you have, you need a wideband. The o2 sensors will not give you the data you need to dial everything in, specially wide open throttle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you I have just seen it I have one more question if I am doing a bolt ons tune beside the maf tables and timing what else to tune

If you want to learn how to tune, message me. I can maybe work something out with you.

Potential Tuner
    I am new , no experience, I have 2010 Colorado with factory 5.3. Engine locked up, so replacing with GM crate motor.Going with LS3 19434644 long block. Does your tuner offer some kind of tune, get truck running and driving to build off of. So I can learn like computer on truck. What kind of specs on motor do you need to know, cam-heads....Does your tunes work with Macs? Old dog that wants to learn new tricks.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-06corvette View Post
    I am new , no experience, I have 2010 Colorado with factory 5.3. Engine locked up, so replacing with GM crate motor.Going with LS3 19434644 long block. Does your tuner offer some kind of tune, get truck running and driving to build off of. So I can learn like computer on truck. What kind of specs on motor do you need to know, cam-heads....Does your tunes work with Macs? Old dog that wants to learn new tricks.
    HPT doesn't supply tunes. It gives you the ability to modify stock tunes. You probably need to Read/post on the Gen 4 GM section to get a remote tune.