Thread: Which table/s to adjust to keep from stalling on rev down?

Tuner

Which table/s to adjust to keep from stalling on rev down?

2004 C5
    Manual
    5.7 with ASA cam

I've got it cranking and idling nicely, but I'm still trying to iron out stalling on rev down (ex: blip the throttle to 2K and have it not fall past target idle and die), particularly with the AC on.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

The ones I think of immediately are
    'rolling idle'
    and
    throttle cracker (another kind of rolling idle but with throttle position involved so not always idle)

but there are others, probably 5 other tables rofl to help with this

Theres one with a delay when you release the throttle, it counts a delay before dropping the IACV which really helps at low speed. Its just above or below the cracker table.

For example at 1200rpm I have like a 1.2second delay before the IACV counts back down so the engine settles back nice to idle instead of oscillating.

Theres a table for the A/C extra airflow, and a delay before engaging I think to help with the idle-up first. I think its with the fan control options iirc.

I recommend go through every single window, every table, read everything. Because it all works together and you should be aware of the capability so you can plan and proceed without missing some features.
    Last edited by kingtal0n; 04-11-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kingtal0n View Post
    The ones I think of immediately are
    'rolling idle'
    and
    throttle cracker (another kind of rolling idle but with throttle position involved so not always idle)

but there are others, probably 5 other tables rofl to help with this

Theres one with a delay when you release the throttle, it counts a delay before dropping the IACV which really helps at low speed. Its just above or below the cracker table.

For example at 1200rpm I have like a 1.2second delay before the IACV counts back down so the engine settles back nice to idle instead of oscillating.

Theres a table for the A/C extra airflow, and a delay before engaging I think to help with the idle-up first. I think its with the fan control options iirc.

I recommend go through every single window, every table, read everything. Because it all works together and you should be aware of the capability so you can plan and proceed without missing some features.
    I thought the "rolling idle" and "throttle cracker" tables were primarily for when rolling? My issue is standing still.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Thats the table with the delay, its right near throttle cracker. Both have settings for 0mph though, standing still, iacv delay.

Its just labelled "airflow" or something like that. I dont have it in front of me. If you take a screen shot I will call it out

You blip the throttle and it has some added airflow for the IACV, and a delay accompanied. Its two tables really, one has MPH for each gear I think, the other is just based on throttle %, it goes up to like 4.5% TPS and then jumps to bigger increments

Mod the AC airflow table, it needs more air… this is electronic Throttle so no slow ass IAC

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    I tried the "Throttle Cracker-Airflow" table but that didn't seem to help.

Here is what I tried:

idle airflow.JPGThrottle Cracker.JPG
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Mod the AC airflow table, it needs more air… this is electronic Throttle so no slow ass IAC
    I don't see an "AC airflow table" anywhere (am I blind?). I'm also having the issue with the AC off (it's just worse with the AC on).
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Under throttle follower, airflow, airflow mult, delay, and decay (gear or P/N as you see fit)

Those all control the extra airflow of throttle opening when you step on and release the throttle, the decay will hold some airflow after you release the throttle. Try adding more delay, and more airflow. I'm not sure how it interacts with electronic throttle though.

The A/C stuff is probably in another table near the fan settings iirc, theres a place for extra airflow when the fans turn on, and when the A/C turns on, just look around

Senior Tuner
    I'd work out the fueling first. Quite of few of these tables will do what you need but to mask a rich condition in engine decel. Most of the same tables will work perfectly fine with stock numbers if fueling and timing are on point.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs