Thread: MAF Tuning Frustration

Potential Tuner

MAF Tuning Frustration

Hi All, Long time lurker and first time poster. I am trying to get my MAF tuned. I have got the ve table close although it looks funky in my mind. My logs are showing I am 20% rich but I have tried 7 different times and I feel like I am not making any headway. Would someone be kind enough to look at my logs and tune and give me some advice on what I am doing wrong. I also have some idle issues but that is for another time. Thanks is advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1998 Trans AM 5.7 / A4
    SE 1 7/8" Headers, SE Y pipe, Borlamouth exhaust, BTR stage 2 cam, Btr Springs & Trunion Upgrade, 799 heads w/ valve job, Fast 92mm, NW92 TB

Did you intentionally put it in MAF-only but then also fail the MAF? And then collect AFR error data while it was set up that way? Think that might be why neither the MAF or VE looks like anything you've ever seen before from any kind of combustion engine?

Blindsquirrel loves maf sensors. Looooves them. Yep.

Wrapped up in a tarp, within in a plastic bag, then in a box, placed in the ground, and pour in cement....

I recommend if possible, to lose the maf. Send it to blind so he can add it to his graveyard pile.
    Although, secretly between just us, I think hes saving them up to build an effigy to burn as a sacrifice.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Did you intentionally put it in MAF-only but then also fail the MAF? And then collect AFR error data while it was set up that way? Think that might be why neither the MAF or VE looks like anything you've ever seen before from any kind of combustion engine?

Yep sure did blind. I wanted to waste everyone's time including mine just because it's fun. You could have cut out the sarcasm and being cynical and used the same energy to help a person out. Apparently this is not the place to come and ask for help as everyone is a beginner at some point.
    1998 Trans AM 5.7 / A4
    SE 1 7/8" Headers, SE Y pipe, Borlamouth exhaust, BTR stage 2 cam, Btr Springs & Trunion Upgrade, 799 heads w/ valve job, Fast 92mm, NW92 TB

You're welcome. (this is also sarcasm hint hint)

p.s. Learn to laugh at yourself, it's good for you.

Tuning Addict
    Your injection timing boundary is probably a lot of your problem. Try lowering back closer to stock to maybe even advancing it. AND then yeah, you have to have the MAF in the picture to tune the MAF... After fixing those restart with stock MAF, re-tune your VE and then the MAF and then reclean the VE... We all screw up, just admit the screw up, come to terms with it, learn from it and make progress from there
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    I have no issue with laughing at myself, but I came here to get some help not just smarta** remarks. If that was what I was looking for I could spend my time over at ls1tech. I will look at the timing. I had changed the MAF to enable it but must have fat fingered something for it only to read 11. Thank you for the insight ghuggins.
    1998 Trans AM 5.7 / A4