Thread: 2004 Z71 LQ4/243s/BTR Truck V2....Critique-Polish-Few Questions

2004 Z71 LQ4/243s/BTR Truck V2....Critique-Polish-Few Questions

2004 Silverado. Stock ECU.

370ci (pulled it apart and found .030 over pistons)
    243 Heads
    BTR Truck 2 cam
    Gen 4 intake
    Stock TB
    Longtubes, no cats, stock catback
    Built 4L60 with Trailblazer Converter
    SD OL only for now. Not currently planning on running CL/MAF but that could change if I get it all sorted. Wanting to swap to 90mm TB but refuse to pay for an XLink. I know there's a way to do it.

Had the tune very damn nice. Started in all scenarios strong, idled and drove great. Had weird lean swings, found massive crack running along bottom of intake. Like, the entire intake. Replaced intake and clearly it needed retuned. I had been tuning around the leak unknowingly. This is my fist LS vehicle tune.
    But onto my questions/issues:

1. Cold/Warm Start isn't the best. A bit of stumbling and VERY lean.
    2. After flashing and upon starting, the truck is SUPER lean and will not clean up for a few minutes of driving. It's very weird and annoying. I've seen the rich after flash, but not lean.
    3. I know my timing isn't perfect, that's the last part I really have been digging into learning.
    4. Appeared to be some false knock, so I dialed back the sensors a bit, but still possibly getting a little bit. Truck has no audible knock.
    5. Some slight lean surging/dips/surging at VERY low throttle loads.
    6. Will not idle leaner than 1.05. Even shows commanded at 1.05. I cannot find what I'm doing wrong.
    7. It was leaning out way too much as it idled. I turned off the Charge Temp Complex model for now. I'll just relocate the IAT. Trying different numbers between 0 and 2 only made it way worse.

I'm sure I'll think of more. Truck is my mobile welding rig. 3-5k miles a month, so timing and leaning it out on the highway are goals for me right now. And the 78mm TB seems to be hurting me based on the MAP at WOT over 4500RPM.

Thank you in advance for the help. I basically live on this place learning to tune my Coyote and this truck and it's one of the last active forums left on the internet. FB just can't do what forums do for car guys.

fenton.hpl
    molly2.hpl
    molly.hpl
    towing timing.hpt
    Last edited by Dev1360; 04-09-2022 at 11:04 AM.