Thread: 2019 F150 coyote issues

Tuner in Training

2019 F150 coyote issues

I have a 2019 F150 coyote swap which has a Ford performance pack harness and ECU. The kit comes with a factory airbox assembly but my builder fabricated one himself from a kit. It is now throwing error code P061b-00. Is the new CAI the reason for the code? If so, any suggestions on how to tune it? Thank you in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Did the builder tune for the change in Airflow, this could cause your p061b-00 code. I attached a snap shot of the basic pids you can datalog.basic Datalog PID-DMRS.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the response.

Tuner in Training
    I changed the air intake back to stock and the check engine light turned off briefly, then a new light came on and when I lift off throttle, the vehicle surges and seems to lose power. Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I changed the air intake back to stock and the check engine light turned off briefly, then a new light came on and when I lift off throttle, the vehicle surges and seems to lose power. Any ideas?
    you will need to post your file and a datalog file, this will help. Do you have the same DTC's? wrench light ect?

Advanced Tuner
    I have a great tune for gen 3 mustang

Advanced Tuner
    Care to share sir?

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunately the tuner comes in every couple of weeks from another state so I have no info. The idle is around 950 and when I give it a little throttle, it comes down for a few seconds and jumps back up so I'm fairly confident the code is still P0507-00, idle higher than expected. Ive looked at everything I can think of and believe it must be something with vacuum lines. Any thoughts?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Unfortunately the tuner comes in every couple of weeks from another state so I have no info. The idle is around 950 and when I give it a little throttle, it comes down for a few seconds and jumps back up so I'm fairly confident the code is still P0507-00, idle higher than expected. Ive looked at everything I can think of and believe it must be something with vacuum lines. Any thoughts?
    Can you post your tune file? The target engine speed is the lowest speed at which the engine can operate steadily. the code will set when the idle speed is more than the target idle speed usually by 200 rpm or more. really need to se the tune file and datalog. Maybe an Idle air control function issue.
    Last edited by mstang_man; 04-15-2022 at 06:50 AM.

Tuner in Training
    ever solved?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by WP19 View Post
    ever solved?
    Yes I was able to resolve the issue.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a great tune for 250

Tuner in Training
    im dealing with a similar code on a 2016 mustang with a voodoo intake, larger throttle body, and k&n CAI

Tuner in Training
    I contacted Konner at Zero in Racing in Florida. He was able to remote tune via an RTD. He very responsive and was able to resolve my issues in a weekend. I am very pleased with Zero in Racing and the tune. I highly recommend them.

Potential Tuner
    What was the fix for this higher idle code?

Advanced Tuner
    One possible issue is throttle body model does not match the throttle body on the car. Mixing f150 and Mustang parts. Or WP19 has the voodoo intake and larger throttle body. These parts need tuning.
    Having an improper maf transfer from a cold air intake would probably set off lean/rich codes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-oh-mustang View Post
    What was the fix for this higher idle code?
    I'm not sure exactly what he changed, but it was resolved via a remote tune. It had nothing to do with parts. Engine is a 2019 F150 with a ported 2018 GT manifold and headers. Everyone was saying it was a throttle body issue or a vacuum leak. Turned out it was just a simple tuning issue.