Thread: 2010 Camaro SS cam help!!!!

Tuner in Training

2010 Camaro SS cam help!!!!

I have some issues with a mail order tune I got. Car does not lope good at idle and guy says its probably my plugs and wires but they are ngk tr6ix and summit 8.5 wires with 1000 miles on them. It also seems to chug like it got too much gas or not enough when I take off slowly from a stop. Ill post a log and tune file if anyone could give me advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks!5100 ss factory MailOrderTuner Retune 2.hptlog order#5100 4.22.hpl
    Last edited by Nfrnoss; 04-05-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    do you have throttle hang if you free rev it? what size cam?

Tuner in Training
    no throttle hang and sorry its the f-35 cam from texas speed

Tuner in Training
    645i/615e 235i/248e 111 lsa 109.5 centerline

Advanced Tuner
    id try lowering the rpm to around 870ish. id lower it as low as you could without sacrificing drivability. personally i think that will let the cam have a little more lope. Did you set the idle?

Tuner in Training
    idle is at 900 right. it was lowered to 800 and 850 and was terrible. 900 seems decent for now

Advanced Tuner
    i see. well just hang around. maybe some more knowledgeable guys can get you on the right track. from your log it looks like when you start to give it gas, you pick up some engine knock. maybe try adjusting timing some. I know your Idle Spark Advance table isnt correct because thats exactly what mine looks like and i havent started on tuning timing yet.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. yea i dont think the guy who tuned it did it right. he says he is good but i cant tell lol. thanks for taking a look at it for me.

Tuning Addict
    Looks like the same TS tune junk. If he's just going to post the same tunes into car after car it looks like he would at least dial in the VE tables. When rpm's change more than 50 it'll start using VE and transient fueling and when the VE is grossly rich - ie still factory, well...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Darn. so i guess you know the problems im having. the same guy told me he disabled the dfco and i wouldnt have decel pop. when i shift gears or downshift it sounds like gun shots going off

Advanced Tuner
    Almost nothing that is useful has been changed. And many things that actively make it worse. I swear its highway robbery, some of the things that people charge money for. You need to find someone else before this person damages your engine.

Senior Tuner
    I'd strongly recommend dialing in the VVE stuff with that cam. It would run better in speed density too.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    wow! i really feel as if this so called reputable tuner just took my money and did nothing helpful for me. i dont know much in what im doing on here. maybe i should save up and have it dynoed.

They went the opposite way on the VVE ha…

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Nfrnoss View Post
    wow! i really feel as if this so called reputable tuner just took my money and did nothing helpful for me. i dont know much in what im doing on here. maybe i should save up and have it dynoed.
    There is about 4 guys in this thread that could make it right…

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Anyone want to help a guy out? lol

Senior Tuner
    You can hit up Ben or Greg or Alvin or Smoke or myself. Any of us can get the tune right...probably for way less money than you've already paid.

Tuner in Training
    Well i paid this guy $300 for him to do the tuning and various adjustments after datalogging. he did 2 tunes and says car runs the way it should. I should of known after he said i dont tune for lope i tune for performance after the car didnt lope from 2nd retune that he wasnt the guy i needed. I have yet to hear another ls3 with the F-35 cam from TSP that doesnt lope. They all lope and some sound amazing. Plus everytime i push clutch in to shift its pops so bad like gunshots going off. he says you need mufflers to fix that. i hear cammed straight pipe cars that dont do that. I really wnt to fix this right but the dyno's in my town want $650-750 to tune it. I lost $300 already on this deal after spending $1500 on the cam setup.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfrnoss View Post
    Well i paid this guy $300 for him to do the tuning and various adjustments after datalogging. he did 2 tunes and says car runs the way it should. I should of known after he said i dont tune for lope i tune for performance after the car didnt lope from 2nd retune that he wasnt the guy i needed. I have yet to hear another ls3 with the F-35 cam from TSP that doesnt lope. They all lope and some sound amazing. Plus everytime i push clutch in to shift its pops so bad like gunshots going off. he says you need mufflers to fix that. i hear cammed straight pipe cars that dont do that. I really wnt to fix this right but the dyno's in my town want $650-750 to tune it. I lost $300 already on this deal after spending $1500 on the cam setup.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be able to get it dialed in ASAP. There's no reason that you can't use DFCO in your application to fix the gunshot exhaust popping. The VVE needs to be dialed in in order to get the transient fuel properly adjusted. There are a few things that will give you more of the sound at idle that you desire as well.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for helping. Im going to start emailing some guys on here and see what they can do to help me.