Thread: 2021 Mustang GT with Fore L2 returtn fuel sytem - correct config / setup?

Tuner in Training

Question 2021 Mustang GT with Fore L2 returtn fuel sytem - correct config / setup?

Hey team

Have a 2021 Mustang GT with Whipple OS and a dual pump dual reg Fore L2 system here and ID1300X2 / XDS injectors

Just wanting to confirm correct protocol for configuring these setups - have done before and not had any issues previosuly, but this car is doing odd things.

When clear, it seems to want to start and run OK for a bit, then goes to shit and trims pull down to like -40% and car goes rich AF and eventually goes OL FMEM

As per Fore instructions, the DI side is set to 58 psi with simple atmospheric reference

The PI side is MAP referenced to intake manifold - and we have tried confguring as 3 bar (as per Fore instructions) and also 4 bar - but symptoms remain the same on both.

This is how I have it configured for the 4 bar setup on the PI - by changing the pressures to 400 kpa and then disabling gthe secondary monitor

Injector data is scaled off the ID1300 return style data with multipliers etc adjusted for the PI base fuel pressure

Log attached of how the car runs fine for a bit - and then all of a sudden goes to shit

Is this the correct configration for running these Fore L2 systems for the 18+ ?

Any any thoughts or ideas (either tune or mechanical) as to what may be causing the issue?

Potential Tuner
    did you try turning it off and on again?

You've got a host of problems in the file that is posted. Set DI to 60psi with no reference. Set PI to 50psi with vacuum/boost reference. Grab injector data for 50psi return fuel system.
    Set your fuel system stuff back to stock including your voltages etc. I typically keep secondary monitor turned on and just disable fuel pump code p0627 for it physically being unplugged.

You also have some weird configuration in your mapped point and VCT logic that I can't quite make sense of so that will likely need to be addressed as well. I'd raise the opt stability max to .03 above the idling load so it's not trying to command the cams to move from OS angles, at least while you figure out what else it's upset about. Right now it's stock at .13 and you're idling at .25
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Advanced Tuner
    Ditch the dual regs, run single reg with rails in parallel and keep the DI pump fed off the OE 3/8" hose coming off the passenger side rail. Run your standard 55psi with boost/vacuum reference. Tune it like a 11-17 car, turn off pressure compensation and use return style injector data. DI pump runs off it's own logic, it doesnt care what the tune commands low side to be, it will operate as it should. Be sure to use lower you blend %, although if you dont the DI logic will do it on it's own anyway, so get it close enough. I usually go 60/40 on low boost, 40/60 if it's 12psi+

Dont over complicate the fuel system it's not that complex once you go return style, accurate MAF curve, ignore the low side pressure commanded crap n the fuel system section, it only applies to PWM set ups like the stock pumps. The sensor in the rail is what it will use to determine fuel flow, so make sure you injector data is accurate. leave DI at 2900psi for WOT

DI pump has it's own inlet sensor and will operate independent of w/e you try to tell the low side to do, it will ramp it's duty cycle if low side is too low, and lower if it its high, w/e it needs to do to hit 2900psi at WOT it will do it (usually lowering the blend %). If you lack fuel flow then it will throw low flow codes.

Also ID1300s might be too large for a 18+, you may have to idle 100% on DI or 100% of PI, but if you try to blen like the stock tune does you will more than l likely hit the minimum IPW for the ID1300s as it tries to run a 90/10 blend sometimes, which means only 10% of the fuel comes from ID1300's during time when fuel demand is already super low. Play with those idle blends, I usually either go 100% DI, or 100% PI when they run large injector like that.

for future builds, DW88/95 or ID1050x is all a gen 3 needs to support 1200whp on e85. Even at 950whp I've only seen DW95's hit 60% IDC, plenty of flow left and more than enough injector for for most builds.
    Last edited by Jn2; 04-27-2022 at 04:14 PM.

For 2018 up you can run it different way than pre 18. Car has low side fuel pump pressure sensor, it's more stable to set injectors same way as stock fuel system, so returnless. This will compensate for fuel pressure variations and trims will be really within 2-5 percent all the time.
    Also it's good to run one of pump driven by FPDM if you don't want so much power draw and helps other things in 2018 up.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl