Thread: 06 gto e40, first SD tune cannot keep running more than a few seconds.

Potential Tuner

06 gto e40, first SD tune cannot keep running more than a few seconds.

I have a 06 gto, and I have 127lb/h injectors and i have scaled the tune 50% and done half ifr... ive pulled fuel out of the ve a few times, but it still seems very rich. I cant keep it running long enough for my wideband to heat up and data log properly. As soon as I try to start it usually fires quickly runs ruff for a few seconds and shuts off any throttle input and it dies faster. Some input would be great I am a novice..

What 127lb injectors? Part number/brand plz.

That's the wrong way to scale it.

There are two versions of the Open Loop (gear/pn) vs IVT Gain tables GM used. GTO and GMT360s use the 10.0 x 0.1 = 1 EQ, while most everything else uses 1.0 x 1.0 = 1 EQ. Setting the Open Loop tables on this version to 1.0 like all the youtoobz guides say will F you up bad. I don't math good but I know enough to suspect that 1.0 x 0.1 ain't 1. The Open Loop tables should be all 10.0s, not 1.0s.

Applying the 2-bar OS automagically changes the MAP linear & offset, and unless you have an honest to God MAP sensor with the specs of 200/10.33, then you need to change those back to whatever matches the sensor.

(come to think of it, Trailblazer 5.3L uses 10.0 x 0.1, while Trailblazer SS 6.0L uses 1.0 x 1.0 - even though they both use the same base OS)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    What 127lb injectors? Part number/brand plz.

That's the wrong way to scale it.

There are two versions of the Open Loop (gear/pn) vs IVT Gain tables GM used. GTO and GMT360s use the 10.0 x 0.1 = 1 EQ, while most everything else uses 1.0 x 1.0 = 1 EQ. Setting the Open Loop tables on this version to 1.0 like all the youtoobz guides say will F you up bad. I don't math good but I know enough to suspect that 1.0 x 0.1 ain't 1. The Open Loop tables should be all 10.0s, not 1.0s.

Applying the 2-bar OS automagically changes the MAP linear & offset, and unless you have an honest to God MAP sensor with the specs of 200/10.33, then you need to change those back to whatever matches the sensor.
    fic fuel injection connection 127lb part number# FIC127CTSV
    i corrected those tables back to 10.0 with no change in how the car runs still shuts right back off.
    the map sensor I have is a 12615136 2 bar from a cobalt, I thought those offsets were correct.
    Last edited by Xxsupralvrxx; 04-03-2022 at 01:26 PM.

It's scaled wrong. You've mixed half and half of two different scaling methods. Put the VE back to stock, and... well, whatever else you changed that you shouldn't have. You should be doing half IFR, double Stoich, double IVT Terms.

Offset for '5136 should be 8.00, not 10.33.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much sir! You set me on the correct path it stayed running for 12 seconds lol

You have the stock returnless fuel system, fixed at 58 PSI? Or a return style, referenced regulator? 'Cause, again, the injector data is half set up for one fuel system type and half the other type.

Is this boosted or just using the 2-bar OS for other reasons? (nothing in particular wrong with that, I do the same on mine)

I think you mean half the IVT terms not double.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Shit. Half half double... of course

Oh - something I forgot to ask. What's up with the O2 sensors, most (but not all) the upstream sensor DTCs are disabled? Not using any at all ever, openloop4lyfe?

Advanced Tuner
    No clue on other mods, so hard to say what to do. If all you have done is the injectors, best just to set everything back to stock. If you do not want to, then..
    Set everything in the idle tabs(RPM and AIRFLOW) back to stock. Desired idle, instead of 1,200 rpm, try 900rpm.
    Need correct MAP data as mentioned.
    Set OL tables back to the 10.0 values as mentioned.
    Halve the IVT term table.
    Flow rate table max is 63lb/hr. You will likely need a boost referenced fuel system to run those injectors and use the double stoich, half flow and ivt method.
    Injector offset is set to "MAP" and you are trying to idle in an area of that MAP offset table that has no data. Set it back to vacuum. Not sure that map offset table even works, never tried it.
    Short pulse adder table does not seem correct.
    LTFT min/max temps are reversed. I do not see this as a good practice. Start with stock values but just raise the min temp above your operating range (280 min/283 max). Same goes for any other temp setting you did this to. I would also leave a few degrees between each value and not set them the same like your DFCO enable/disable is set to currently.
    Set PE enable to 75kpa.
    First, set the VE table back to stock.
    Then, populate the Boost VE table. (105kpa column of main VE pasted into 105 kpa column of Boost VE table. Copy 105kpa column to 255kpa column. Multiply 255kpa column by 10%. Interpolate horizontal bounds from 105kpa to 255kpa)
    You HO spark table is clipping your idle table. Set the HO and idle spark tables back to stock. (at least in the actual idle area)

Potential Tuner
    I have put together a single turbo setup, and the turbo is large and I ran a 5" downpipe out of the side of my front bumper.
    Mods - 402, ls3 heads, big comp cam, return style fuel system 10 an feed and return, 2 walbo 450s in tank aeromotive boost ref regulator. the cam is 243 258 duration with 660/650 ....

Potential Tuner
    Some of the tables would not let me enter a low or high enough value at times, short pulse adder being one of them.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxsupralvrxx View Post
    Some of the tables would not let me enter a low or high enough value at times, short pulse adder being one of them.
    I only mentioned that table because there was a random spike. If that is how FIC sent you the data, then it is what it is.

I attached a file for reference with most of the changes I noted to give you an idea of what I was talking about. Quick and dirty so no guarantees but it might help.
    starts up now, set timing to 8, ve map scaled 50% then took 40%, gave more afm to idle again_v2.hpt