Thread: 2008 GT500 smaller pulley, ecu is pulling fuel from 4600-5100 need help

Potential Tuner

2008 GT500 smaller pulley, ecu is pulling fuel from 4600-5100 need help

So tuning a 2008 Shelby GT500, has a higher boost pulley, air raid intake, jba shorty headers. At 4600 rpm the ecu is pulling fuel and I can't seem to figure out why or where. I have chased the torque tables to no avail. I've got to be missing something. Posting the log and tune file, you can see the narrow band sensors are even showing lean and then by 5100 it starts putting the fuel back in. Hopefully someone can push me in the right direction.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BadWay View Post
    So tuning a 2008 Shelby GT500, has a higher boost pulley, air raid intake, jba shorty headers. At 4600 rpm the ecu is pulling fuel and I can't seem to figure out why or where. I have chased the torque tables to no avail. I've got to be missing something. Posting the log and tune file, you can see the narrow band sensors are even showing lean and then by 5100 it starts putting the fuel back in. Hopefully someone can push me in the right direction.
    what MAF are you running, your maxed out at 4,900rpm

Potential Tuner
    stock maf. but it isn't maxed when the fuel takes a dive. are there corrections leading up to that?

Advanced Tuner
    stock maf. but it isn't maxed when the fuel takes a dive. are there corrections leading up to that?
    Fuel pump duty cycle is good, and injector duty cycle look good, it lead me to look at the MAF which i noticed once you hit 5k it hits 4.99v tells me its maxing and that point cars leaning out. i like to pressure drop across the injector, the other thing you could do is adjust fuel pressure at injector raise it fir the boost being seen. can also add Maf ad count to your datalog
    Last edited by mstang_man; 04-01-2022 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Ad counts

Potential Tuner
    I guess the main thing I'm seeing is that the injector open time is going down almost in half for that period starting at about 4600 rpm and then returning to normal after 5100. It's like it's hitting a fuel cut for over torque enleanment when it happens. I won't have the car back to the shop for a little while. Trying to find some ideas before I put it back on the dyno, otherwise I'm just shooting in the dark on this. The fueling comes back even with the maf maxed out higher in the rpms, so I was wondering if maybe there is a torque table limiting here that I'm not seeing.

Advanced Tuner
    I guess the main thing I'm seeing is that the injector open time is going down almost in half for that period starting at about 4600 rpm and then returning to normal after 5100. It's like it's hitting a fuel cut for over torque enleanment when it happens. I won't have the car back to the shop for a little while. Trying to find some ideas before I put it back on the dyno, otherwise I'm just shooting in the dark on this. The fueling comes back even with the maf maxed out higher in the rpms, so I was wondering if maybe there is a torque table limiting here that I'm not seeing.
    possibly the SIP settings, maybe disable SIP.

Tuner in Training Pappacosworth's Avatar
    sorry, what is SIP

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappacosworth View Post
    sorry, what is SIP
    SIP Sensor = Super Charger Inlet pressure disabled

Sip Test Disable.PNG