Thread: E67 Swap Confusion

Potential Tuner

E67 Swap Confusion

My apologies if any of this is against the forum rules, but I am getting desperate.

To sum up, we have an (autox-only) exocet, and installed a 2.4L Ecotec from a 2007 Saturn Sky. We have an aftermarket intake on the engine (originally for a cobalt), and a polaris slingshot header with custom 2.5" mid-pipe going into a 2.25" cat-back. I bought HPT and have started poking around with the ECU. I was really hoping to have a tuner get everything sorted, but I have yet to get someone to even respond to me. At the moment, I have a couple datalogs, a lightly tweaked tune file, and a whole lot of confusion. Looking for help anywhere I can get it. For now, I just want the engine to run safely at WOT until I can get a proper dyno tune.

Hopefully this is ok, but instead of attaching a bunch of files, I just put them in a google drive folder here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...M7?usp=sharing

I'm sure there is a lot that needs to be tweaked in the tune file we're running, but one thing that really bugs me is that the O2S reading doesn't look right. In the roadtest datalog, it appears to work properly at first - seeing every cylinder pulse (the sensor voltage is constantly oscillating up and down with each pulse while also making a broader sine wave) - until I give it full throttle thru 2nd gear and then the O2 voltage flat-lines at 0.5V for the rest of the datalog. I believe that was a connection issue to the sensor that we have now solved, but now the O2S output is very smooth (no longer seeing individual cylinder pulses). In the autoxrun1 datalog, the O2S reading never looks "normal" to me and it even drops pretty low during WOT pulls.

We had what feels like fuel starvation during the autox shakedown, but we're using a 255LPH pump with a Miata fuel tank, and everything appears to be good with the tank&pump. I need to install a fuel pressure gauge, but I am hoping someone might see some obvious changes we should make immediately. If anyone can even point me in the right direction of how to start fixing this thing, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by BugBomb; 03-31-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BugBomb View Post
    until I give it full throttle thru 2nd gear and then the O2 voltage flat-lines at 0.5V for the rest of the datalog. I believe that was a connection issue to the sensor that we have now solved, but now the O2S output is very smooth (no longer seeing individual cylinder pulses). In the autoxrun1 datalog, the O2S reading never looks "normal" to me and it even drops pretty low during WOT pulls.
    When you go to WOT, the ECM generally goes into power enrichment (PE) mode. This will cause the sensor reading to stop oscillating, since narrowband O2 sensors can only measure a narrow range of fuel ratios. Check to see what the commanded EQR / Lambda is, if it's not 1.0, this would explain why your O2 sensor pattern is changing.