Thread: Trying to tune 5.3L after DOD delete

Potential Tuner

Question Trying to tune 5.3L after DOD delete

Did a DOD delete on my 2012 Sierra 1500, everything is stock except non DOD cam and lifters,
    i tinkered around a bit, but dont want to dive in and change much since i am still learning how to tune,

right now it just seems sluggish, not nearly as responsive as i remember it being,
    using the scanner i turned off the power management and it definitley made a difference in power to the road, throttle response, shift time and smoothness, but cant keep it turned off since its through the scanner and not the editor, and not sure where in the editor to make the changes to draw back the power managment and/or disable and set the traction control/stabilitrack to off by default

then maybe tune my air and fuel a bit to squeeze a little more power out and responsiveness and transmission to make better use of it to get power to the wheels

any help is greatly appreciated
    thanks

Traction control and stabilitrac we have no control over like that, there is no setting to just turn it off. You'd have to wire in a switch somewhere on like a ABS wire or somewhere under the steering column to shut it off that way. Traction control and stabilitrac aren't a problem anyway like 99% of the time, you're not making enough power to blow the tires off at 20mph and cause it to yank all the power away.

Use what you want from my old trucks tune. I ran it like this for probably 3 years with many adjustments to get it how I wanted it.

Just copy the changes over. Use the compare feature to see what is different. Transmission related changes will require that you reset the adapts after flashing the new file and prior to driving the truck just a fyi.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    2012 would have VVT. Did you keep it or delete it too.

Potential Tuner
    I don't think the 5.3 had VVT in 2012.
    2012 Chevy Silverado 4.8/4L60E 4x4 3.42

VVT started in 2010 for the 5.3's.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I thought the 5.3 had AFM but no VVT and the 4.8 had VVT and no AFM. Learn something new every day.
    2012 Chevy Silverado 4.8/4L60E 4x4 3.42

Have a 2011 and a 2013 right now that has both on them.

Yes I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado Lt with the LC9 5.3L witch is the aluminum 5.3 with 862 heads and did delete kit non DOD cam new cam and crank sensors cold air intake by AF Dynamic and have crank but no start problem.. I have a hypertech spectrum performance 3000 programer can I tune with it or what.. it's not starting even with tuner