Thread: L83/T56 Swap Driver Demand Issues

Advanced Tuner

L83/T56 Swap Driver Demand Issues

I am working on a swap car with a 2018 L83 and a T56 Magnum trans. There is no speed sensor signal to the ecu, so the driver demand table has nothing to reference, which is causing weird throttle issues. Mainly, the throttle hangs pretty bad between shifts, and you get a cruise control effect when you let off the throttle.

I looked around for another OS that I could use that uses RPM on that axis of the DD tables, but all I could find were older E92 Z06's. I tried writing one of those files to the E92A ecu that I am using, but it didn't work.

Does anyone have a 2017+ file with RPM based DD tables?

Thanks

Hi, just had a somewhat similar issue with my a gearbox swap on my C7GS on which I just installed a Z06 M7 gearbox with different ratios. Table ECM 20090 does not update the tables as it should and I was getting ratio errors and clutch usage reduced power messages on the DIC. I used a Z06 base program to do segment swap, it works but then several parameters went out of whack. 1H ago I just thought about disabling the VSS sensor and using RPM in the DD table instead of VSS and activate calculated VSS.

Try using this driver demand table from a Z06 and multiply the values by 0.75 or 0.65 for a start and go from there. You also need to activate the option " Use calculated VSS " in the driver demand tab.

2017 C7Z Lane Sego White car.hpt

Somewhat Z06 DD table is using RPM instead of VSS which is saving us.

On my end I started by multiplying by 0.87 this table, but accelerator is still too touchy, I will have to do some adjustments on the low accelerator positions

PS : just copy the driver demand table (copy paste), do not try to load to complete tune from a Z06
    Last edited by Sachs; 03-25-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Did the calculated VSS option work?

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't had the car back in the shop to mess around with it. He's in the process of adding turbos, so I'll revisit it when its done.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by shonuff53 View Post
    Did the calculated VSS option work?

i know this is an old thread and not mine, but my experience with using calculated VSS just made the engine self rev immediately after startup with an L83 auto trans cal. it wouldn't ever rev down either. i had to turn off the car