Thread: Factory 01/02 Cobra or 03/04 Mach 1 Tune File

Potential Tuner

Factory 01/02 Cobra or 03/04 Mach 1 Tune File

Anyone have a factory 01/02 Cobra or 03/04 Mach 1 tune file they could send me? I have a 00 Gt with a swapped 04 Mach 1 engine, and having a hard time getting a base tune for it to run correctly. Just has a JLT cai on it other than that it?s basically factory. I have the base 00 GT tune I could modify but I am new to tuning and not sure what changes I should start making to see some improvement, so any advice on that route would be much appreciated. It?s a 00 Gt with 04 Mach 1 engine, using modified GT engine harness and gt ecu. Thanks in advance!

Advanced Tuner
    You can use you GT computer, you will need to pilot over the MACH 1 information into your GT file. Can you post your GT file?

Advanced Tuner
    Attached are files from two 2002 Aussie Cobra's.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    Attached are files from two 2002 Aussie Cobra's.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    You can use you GT computer, you will need to pilot over the MACH 1 information into your GT file. Can you post your GT file?
    Yeah that is what I plan on doing so I will give it a try now that I have some Cobra tune files and someone posted an 04 Mach 1 file that I am going to transfer over with the compare feature and see how it goes. Here is the GT tune I pulled from the ecu before any changes. Thanks for the response!

00 GT Factory Tune File -00 GT Factory Tune File.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Okay guys I am still stumped, I have tried to copy the tune parameters from some of these other tunes and write them and the car either runs really bad or has a hard time even staying running. When I write the stock gt tune it idles okay and is even drivable, I have a rich code and when accelerating under a load I can feel it breaking up. If I really slowly roll into the throttle it seems to not break up even in higher rpms. The GT tune I uploaded above is the one I am running I feel like I just need to copy over just some of the right bits of a factory 4v tune to fix my issues. If anyone has any suggestions on what parts I should adjust or tables I should copy over I am all ears. I finally got Forscan so I can at least log some live data, so anything I should look at as far as live data numbers go that would also be helpful. I am bummed because the 4v engine I bought came with the ECU, I tried just comparing the tune files and copied all the differences expecting it to work but runs way worse than just the GT tune file. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JMaddy66 View Post
    Okay guys I am still stumped, I have tried to copy the tune parameters from some of these other tunes and write them and the car either runs really bad or has a hard time even staying running. When I write the stock gt tune it idles okay and is even drivable, I have a rich code and when accelerating under a load I can feel it breaking up. If I really slowly roll into the throttle it seems to not break up even in higher rpms. The GT tune I uploaded above is the one I am running I feel like I just need to copy over just some of the right bits of a factory 4v tune to fix my issues. If anyone has any suggestions on what parts I should adjust or tables I should copy over I am all ears. I finally got Forscan so I can at least log some live data, so anything I should look at as far as live data numbers go that would also be helpful. I am bummed because the 4v engine I bought came with the ECU, I tried just comparing the tune files and copied all the differences expecting it to work but runs way worse than just the GT tune file. Thanks
    Just flash the 2001 cobra file onto you pcm. the strategy is close. I wouldnt bother copying all the values over.

Advanced Tuner
    GT and Cobra in the 99-01s have the ac relay inverted

strat swapping without changing that will cause the ac bypass to pop off and discharge the refrigerant in the ac

be sure to verify

some of the low speed fan configuration (invert and pin) may need to be adjusted too.

You should never copy data from one tune file to another.

Its always best to actually dial the vehicle in.

If your not an advanced tuner intimately familiar with both strategies then you shouldnt be strategy swapping.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Advanced Tuner
    Gavin 2004 Mach 1 as found.hpt

Stock 2004 Mach file as far as I am aware
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning