Thread: 6.2 LS Tuning Help

Cool 6.2 LS Tuning Help

I have a 6.2 rebuilt with a truck stage 2 LS cam. Duration 278/287, Lift .523/.524. I have adjusted this engine significantly. I was doing a DOD/Afm delete. I believe i have over looked a few things to dial this in. Current issue is: while starting it will try to hunt/ take few moment extra to start. after starting it will idle at 1100rpm and run smooth then hunt a littler bit, after its warm it would stall. I however was able to get the truck to run well enough for a drive but stall and take a while to start unless throttle is engage fully for more air seemingly. I have adjusted the pedal percentage a lot. I haven't tried more as I am unsure if I'm heading down the right path. My line of work is heavy duty equipment repair and tuning. These tables on the gas side are nothing like equipment tuning. Slightly fresh to the gas tuning and seeking help. I could return favor for equipment world if needed or friendly advice much appreciated. I will provide stock file to the vvt delete cam idle. Truck info 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT 6.2LS GEN4

DAN 6.2L CADILLAC STOCK FILE.hptDAN 6.2L CADILLAC CAM IDLE FILE.hptcam idle log.hpl file along with log file. Please help. Thanks

With a non VVT camshaft don't forget to change the camshaft selection from one to none.

Return the idle percent max stuff back to stock, you should not need to touch those tables. Aim for around 20ish degrees of timing for idle and lower the over/underspeed spark correction tables so it's more around +/- 8 degrees instead of -15 to 13.

You'll also need a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.