Thread: TBSS won't go into closed loop? No fuel trims?

Advanced Tuner

TBSS won't go into closed loop? No fuel trims?

Anyone have any issue with a TBSS not going into closed loop. The afr is usually around 13s when driving and it constantly fluctuates. Also, I get no short or long term fuel trims. Can someone double check this and see anything? Someone else tuned the truck and I'm trying to retune it after a motor swap.

JOEYJOBBIE.001.hpt

updated
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JASON11WS6; 03-23-2022 at 11:59 AM.

Senior Tuner
    You only posted the TCM file. The ECM file would be more helpful
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    I updated the post to show the ecm tune. Any ideas?

You have every O2 DTC disabled. Why. I am not understand.

Where's a logfile?

What does it show for Fuel System status? OL Not Ready, OL Fault, OL Accel?

Senior Tuner
    After looking at the tune I'd assumed they are unplugged or the heater fuse is bad. All the codes are turned off.. Re-enable them.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    I turned the front o2 sensors back on and this is what I got. Still nothing on the fuel trims, short or long term. The O2s seem to be reading although one of them looks a little suspect. As you can see the AFR is all over the place and constantly bouncing around. So no closed loop. The cel didn't pop up but it looks like there was an evap and a injector code. Truck seems to be running pretty decent but at idle the cam doesn't really chop...I'm guessing because of how rich it is running.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You'll need to fix the P0200 DTC before it'll go into CL.

It's going to be one of the injectors on the Driver's side.
    Last edited by kevin87turbot; 03-25-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    It doesn't seem to affect the way it runs. I'll check the wiring but the injector is working

Advanced Tuner
    Damn injector was unplugged. Wasn't really missing or running bad. Plugged it in and the fuel trims came right up. Thanks guys.

Even if whatever set the P0200 was just an intermittent that only happened for a few milliseconds once a long time ago, as long as that code remains it will stay in open loop. Also, P0200 disables all the O2 diagnostic routines. So only after finding/fixing/clearing the P0200 will you find out if there are going to be any O2 circuit/response/rich/lean codes.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON11WS6 View Post
    Damn injector was unplugged. Wasn't really missing or running bad. Plugged it in and the fuel trims came right up. Thanks guys.
    Good deal. Glad you figured it out.