Thread: Gen 5 Camaro FPCM code

Advanced Tuner

Gen 5 Camaro FPCM code

I have 2 permanent codes in gray .

P023F for fuel secondary circuit. ( I disconnected the oem pump so I understand this one. )
    and
    U0100 Lost communication with PCM/ECM. ( This one I need clarification on. )

So when installing my dual fuel pumps, I de-pinned the pink #21 wire that is ignition voltage along with some other wires at the time. I have all the other wires attached except my large stock fuel pump wires and the pink which I now use to trip my dual fuel pump relays when my ignition is on. The green and white wire was not doing it.( fuel pump relay wire )

So pin #1 big RED wire on the FPCM is 12v constantly and I assume supplies the current needed for the FPCM operation and hi current demand of the OEM pump,but why is the pink used?

Should I have spliced into the pink instead of de-pinning it?

I know this may be more of a specific car question than strictly a tuning matter, but even after setting both codes to no reporting, I still have the codes.

Any help at all is appreciated.

Mark

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by marksrig View Post
    I have 2 permanent codes in gray .

P023F for fuel secondary circuit. ( I disconnected the oem pump so I understand this one. )
    and
    U0100 Lost communication with PCM/ECM. ( This one I need clarification on. )

So when installing my dual fuel pumps, I de-pinned the pink #21 wire that is ignition voltage along with some other wires at the time. I have all the other wires attached except my large stock fuel pump wires and the pink which I now use to trip my dual fuel pump relays when my ignition is on. The green and white wire was not doing it.( fuel pump relay wire )

So pin #1 big RED wire on the FPCM is 12v constantly and I assume supplies the current needed for the FPCM operation and hi current demand of the OEM pump,but why is the pink used?

Should I have spliced into the pink instead of de-pinning it?

I know this may be more of a specific car question than strictly a tuning matter, but even after setting both codes to no reporting, I still have the codes.

Any help at all is appreciated.

Mark
    Permanent DTC's will not cause any issues, but they can't be cleared with your scanner.
    For more info, read the link below.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nd-VCM-Scanner

Advanced Tuner
    I did the fuse pull as suggested by DSteck and while it did eliminate the 2 codes and MIL light, it triggered a U0109 lost coms with the FPCM.

I have the U0109 set already as unchecked and no error reported so I'm not sure why it reported it at all.

It's important I remove all DTC's because I can't do a crankshaft relearn while there are any codes active or otherwise apparently.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by marksrig View Post
    I did the fuse pull as suggested by DSteck and while it did eliminate the 2 codes and MIL light, it triggered a U0109 lost coms with the FPCM.

I have the U0109 set already as unchecked and no error reported so I'm not sure why it reported it at all.

It's important I remove all DTC's because I can't do a crankshaft relearn while there are any codes active or otherwise apparently.
    Which DTC's are current?

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, sorry if this is going to be long winded, but better you know the new details.
    The U0109 said it was current/pending/old or history, I dont remember, but I put the fuse back in the trunk for the fscm.

The new developement is even though I still see the P023F secondary circuit fuel pump and the U0100 lost com with ECM, both in Permanent, the MIL light is now off!

I've run at least 5 trips out in the car letting it idle for 30+ seconds, then driving more than 25 mph for 5 minutes or more, then idling back for 30 seconds and shutting it down. The service manual said this was able to clear permanent codes if the issue was fixed. Well it didn't seem to clear the codes.

The pin#21 pink from the FPCM is what triggers my primary coil on my relays, but I put a switch inline with it so I can flash my ECM with the key on without running my hi amp fuel pump. I think this might have triggered the MIL and that is why I did the 5 runs to try and now clear it in case it was the switch that kept making it reoccur. I'm not tuning now, so I'll just leave the switch closed and run the pumps when the key is on like a normal car.
    Maybe the 4 runs required have to be full cold to hot cycles too, I just don't know.

*** UPDATE***

Ok, so I missed a code and unchecked it and set to no error reported. Seems to have eliminated the DTC's after removing the FPCM fuse,but the emissions test are still incomplete and the relearn still wont work.
    I only get as far as it telling me to rev the engine and cycle the key.
    I am pressing the brake, PB is set, quickly rev to cutoff and back odd then shut it down for 15 seconds...HPT does nothing.

***Another UPDATE*** I finally eliminated all DTC's and all emissions have completed and still can't get CASE relearn to work. There just isn't a response after cycling the key. PB is On, Foot is on the brake, all accessories are off. I hit the 4k cutoff within about 3 seconds and let it go to idle for a second then shut it off for 30 seconds. I then restart the car. HPT says nothing. Now what

Going to post a new thread I guess. I've done all the other threads say to do.
    Thanks for the reply,

Mark
    Last edited by marksrig; 03-18-2022 at 10:07 PM.