Thread: P0106 on a cammed G8

Advanced Tuner

P0106 on a cammed G8

I hate to just turn codes off. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get around this code or what code be causing it? Mild cam on a G8

What is map reading key on engine off and then running?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

The code is usually triggered by a cam as the idle MAP reading is different to what is expected from OEM. Depending on the OS you may be able to adjust the threshold values, if not you will either have to disable the test via a temperature range change.

Advanced Tuner
    It's running around 98 when it's off and mid 60s at idle. I was just wondering if everybody just disables the code on cammed cars or if there is something else in the tune I should be tweaking. How would one adjust the threshold values.

To turn off the tests go to Engine Diagnostics > Airflow , there will be temperature thresholds for the P0101, P0106 and P0121 codes. If your OS can adjust the thresholds there will be the option to change P0106 MAP test max and P0106 MAP test min.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I was just looking to see if there is something other then turning off the tests. Thanks guys