Thread: 2007 Chevy Silverado with a 6.0L V8 and 4L80 Transmission - tune help

2007 Chevy Silverado with a 6.0L V8 and 4L80 Transmission - tune help

My buddy just recently swapped his 2007 Silverado to a 6.0L V8. He had the original 4L60 but it gave up and he swapped in a 4L80 transmission. I need help doing the tuning for the transmission. Is there anyone that could help on the tune or get a baseline back over? Transmission is bone stock and he just wants to get it moving. I am not familiar enough with all of it and in order to do a segment swap it needs to be the same OS I have read. The OS is 12614088. Can anyone help me fix this? I attached the Tune file for his truck.

Thanks for your help in advance.

-Amir
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare87GT View Post
    My buddy just recently swapped his 2007 Silverado to a 6.0L V8. He had the original 4L60 but it gave up and he swapped in a 4L80 transmission. I need help doing the tuning for the transmission. Is there anyone that could help on the tune or get a baseline back over? Transmission is bone stock and he just wants to get it moving. I am not familiar enough with all of it and in order to do a segment swap it needs to be the same OS I have read. The OS is 12614088. Can anyone help me fix this? I attached the Tune file for his truck.

Thanks for your help in advance.

-Amir
    The 2007 Suburban 2500 has a 6.0L/4L80E option. That would be a great start for your T42 TCM. You'll need to do a Write Entire.

Do you have a file I can use? I can't find in the repository.

Any help on this? Someone has to be able to do the segment swap and get this back over to us. Please let me know. I will pay someone to make this work!

The file is in the repository. The link to download it isn't broken (I checked). If you download it, it will be saved on your computer and you can open it, license it, and Write Entire only the TCM.

You can only do a segment swap when the OS IDs are the same. Your TCM OS is 24239036. There is no application that used a 4L80 and 24239036, so you cannot do this with a segment swap, as there is no sample file to pull the segments from that has that OS, and without a sample file that has both 24239036 and 4L80 there is no segment swap. You can download the 2007 Suburban file from the repository, do a Write Entire on only the TCM, and end up with a TCM OS of 24235341, which was used on both 80E and 60E.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The file is in the repository. The link to download it isn't broken (I checked). If you download it, it will be saved on your computer and you can open it, license it, and Write Entire only the TCM.

You can only do a segment swap when the OS IDs are the same. Your TCM OS is 24239036. There is no application that used a 4L80 and 24239036, so you cannot do this with a segment swap, as there is no sample file to pull the segments from that has that OS, and without a sample file that has both 24239036 and 4L80 there is no segment swap. You can download the 2007 Suburban file from the repository, do a Write Entire on only the TCM, and end up with a TCM OS of 24235341, which was used on both 80E and 60E.

If I download the 07 Suburban file, will it change the engine parameters too? The reason I ask, is this truck has a large custom camshaft and was tuned to run a lot different than a stock one. This truck will be going to a dyno but the Tuner said he didn't have a way to do the segment swap. Let me know as we just want it to run to get it to him and he can modify whatever is needed on the tune itself for engine and transmission but needs the 4L80 parameters.

Have you ever flashed a Gen4 GM (separate ECM & TCM) with HP Tuners before?