Thread: Why such HUGE differences

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Why such HUGE differences

in the way the EQ ratios are setup between some vehicles

GTO's have some tables set to 10 & some to .1xxx etc whereas TBSS's & SSR's have them all set to 1.xx obviously it comes to similar EQ ratio's at the end but WTH was GM thinking in these instances?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

All I know is that the tables are multiplied by each other. But as long as the open loop commanded EQ is 1.00 at operating temp when not in PE, and the commanded PE in the editor matches the scanned value, your good to go.

But on some vehicles, the open loop tables don't really add up for a "normal" cold ECT enrichment. I tuned a 07 Escalade, and even though one of the open loop tables was richer at high map, the commanded AFR was unchanged? On a 06 Buick Rainier I6, the open loop commanded AFR was ~14.3. So I had to change one of the open loop tables to 1.00 (from 1.03) in the operating temp area. Then the commanded open loop AFR was 14.7.

Then there is the min EQ table, maybe a person could change all the open loop tables to 1.00 and just use this table to set the cold start enrichment?

Russ Kemp

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    All I know is that the tables are multiplied by each other. But as long as the open loop commanded EQ is 1.00 at operating temp when not in PE, and the commanded PE in the editor matches the scanned value, your good to go.

But on some vehicles, the open loop tables don't really add up for a "normal" cold ECT enrichment. I tuned a 07 Escalade, and even though one of the open loop tables was richer at high map, the commanded AFR was unchanged? On a 06 Buick Rainier I6, the open loop commanded AFR was ~14.3. So I had to change one of the open loop tables to 1.00 (from 1.03) in the operating temp area. Then the commanded open loop AFR was 14.7.

Then there is the min EQ table, maybe a person could change all the open loop tables to 1.00 and just use this table to set the cold start enrichment?

Russ Kemp
    Yeah I understand how they work...just weird...im working on a SD tuning writup for the E40 guys & was looking at some E40 files when i noticed the HUGE differences from one model to the next.

as for the set them all to 1.0, yup I think thats what I plan on using for the writeup just for simplicity reasons unless someone comes up with a better gameplan.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"