Thread: Pontiac G8 Gt tuning questions (driving log)

Potential Tuner

Pontiac G8 Gt tuning questions (driving log)

first time poster!! I've been reading and learning tuning for the past 2 years, I had work done to my 2008 Pontiac G8 6.0 6L80e with DOD, Texas speed 231/246 .640/"615" 111LSA, LS7MAF, a 3400-3600 circle D stall, headers, intake. its a big cam but my "tuner" recommended it. long story short, tuner was run out of town for pretty much running a chop shop luckily my car wasn't one of them. I've been doing my own tuning on it after receiving it from him barely being drivable. its not right or even close but it runs way better then before. I should have started over with a stock tune but i just started from his tune and I'm kind of stuck where to go,

the cars drivability is ok, it seems to sputter off idle or hesitate might be a better description, I cracked the throttle more which helped a ton but still noticeable, if let off the throttle to fast when a load is on the engine, it will try and stall but normally will catch itself before RPM gets to low.
    I have an AEN wideband hooked to my scanner and my AFR seems ok to me but I'm not a tuner, when logging the file today I noticed when I was doing a decent pull and my Power enrichment came out my EQ err was showing lean. I'm sorry if I did not describe everything properly, I'm trying to learn and taking notes. I'm adding my log fine from today also my current tune loaded.

G8 #29 throttle % lowered, idle setpoint lowered.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Your airflow models are very off, you need to search in the forums how to tune in VE only and how to tune the MAF, your PE was commanding 11.1 afr which is very rich for a NA combo.

G8 #30 MAF corr PE corr.hpt

Add MAF frequency to your datalogs and try this

Potential Tuner
    thank you, i thought i had Maf frequency on this channel but i used the wrong one, I'm doing some reading on maf tuning now and going to start with it first. ill try those changes out and see how it response.
    Last edited by Lsx_holden_g8; 03-11-2022 at 09:57 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I addded Maf frequency to my graph and done a log on my way to work this morning, after doing a ton of research and reading yesterday, im surprised the car runs as good as it does with the maf being so far off.
    ill add the new log below and im going to focus on MAF tuning next when i get time.

g8 drive maf corr,.hpl