Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed density gen3 roush

Tuner
    Sorry, not sure where I got mixed up into thinking this has MAF. Long day. Disregard the talk about ignoring SD, you need it here. I would probably leave anticipation enabled too, just on the basis that I haven't seen people disable it for Ecoboost tuning. Ideally you're trying to gather as much steady state data as you can, even on the road. Just try to keep MAP steady. Also you can remove some logging parameters and increase the polling speed to get more accurate data.

If you tune each MP/cam angle individually and then reenable them all, the HDFX should ideally work well and blend it all together. What I meant earlier was that if you tune a cam angle in an area thats super far away from wherever it'll be used (ie. my car only uses MP0 at idle), you're kind of wasting time. Instead you could just tune the general area where it's used and maybe a bit outside that and it will blend fine.

Without a MAF, you need to solve the reverse of the equation (so solve for cylinder air mass). Do you have a PID called "Average Air Mass" or something similar? If so you can apply the STFT correction to that PID and then generate the regression in excel, double checking your work in the calculator.

Also watch your knock, there's some pretty substantial pull back at part throttle. Maybe lower the pedal position for PE.
    Last edited by RobCat030; 03-07-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RobCat030 View Post
    Sorry, not sure where I got mixed up into thinking this has MAF. Long day. Disregard the talk about ignoring SD, you need it here. I would probably leave anticipation enabled too, just on the basis that I haven't seen people disable it for Ecoboost tuning. Ideally you're trying to gather as much steady state data as you can, even on the road. Just try to keep MAP steady. Also you can remove some logging parameters and increase the polling speed to get more accurate data.

If you tune each MP/cam angle individually and then reenable them all, the HDFX should ideally work well and blend it all together. What I meant earlier was that if you tune a cam angle in an area thats super far away from wherever it'll be used (ie. my car only uses MP0 at idle), you're kind of wasting time. Instead you could just tune the general area where it's used and maybe a bit outside that and it will blend fine.

Without a MAF, you need to solve the reverse of the equation (so solve for cylinder air mass). Do you have a PID called "Average Air Mass" or something similar? If so you can apply the STFT correction to that PID and then generate the regression in excel, double checking your work in the calculator.

Also watch your knock, there's some pretty substantial pull back at part throttle. Maybe lower the pedal position for PE.
    Ok because im like, somebody better tell me something about this method now so i can throw these sd tables aside hahahahaha Ill get it dialed as best as possible as long as its safe im good with it. Im going to try smoothing single colums before i calc coefficients to see if i can get these in a smoother air charge line. If im not getting good results ill just continue as i was.

Yea i know my channel list is a little heavy lol. I will tone that down a bit for sure. Yea i seen it pulling timing down low. I mean Im only at 25% throttle and the fuelng is there. I might need to look at my spark tables and tone them down in my low load areas and i just took a peak and yea they were a tad high in weird spots so that should take care of that. thank you all for your time!!!
    Last edited by DCLTLLC14; 03-09-2022 at 10:10 PM.