Thread: Dw65 injectors, weird nozzle.

Advanced Tuner

Dw65 injectors, weird nozzle.

I recently purchased a brand new set of DeatschWerks 65 lb injectors (16U-00-0065-8). The nozzle looks so different from any of the typical single or multi-nozzle injectors I've seen.

DW's website has a different version in the pictures with multiple sprayers at the nozzle. These new ones I got just have a reflective ball in the middle, is this the new version?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_lq4 View Post
    I recently purchased a brand new set of DeatschWerks 65 lb injectors (16U-00-0065-8). The nozzle looks so different from any of the typical single or multi-nozzle injectors I've seen.

DW's website has a different version in the pictures with multiple sprayers at the nozzle. These new ones I got just have a reflective ball in the middle, is this the new version?
    That's what is commonly referred to as a "decapped injector." The cap with the diffusion orifices has been machined from the injector. It's pretty common to find this on high flow injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    That's what is commonly referred to as a "decapped injector." The cap with the diffusion orifices has been machined from the injector. It's pretty common to find this on high flow injectors.
    Thank you