Thread: Fuel injector query tuning ID 1050IDX LSA 6.2L CTS-V Ultima

Potential Tuner

Fuel injector query tuning ID 1050IDX LSA 6.2L CTS-V Ultima

Hey Guys, under recommendation, I have fitted a set of ID 1050XDS fuel injectors to our LSA CTS-V engine fitted in a Ultima sportscar,

the car is fitted with the following upgrades KPW Street fighter 1500 dual fuel pump, Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 running 14PSI boost. 2.75inch SC pulley, stock pulleys else were on the engine. engine internals are stock, headers are custom equal length free-flowing.

Currently setup with a Vaporworx Fuel Controller, idle fuel pressure 43.5PSI, controlled by Map3Bar map sensor.

so far in the tune, I?m having to pull so much fuel out of the tune, still running pig rich under WOT, injectors running approx 43% duty cycle on WOT, Im advised the injectors are perfectly fine and tuneable for our spec engine, but not seeing this in reality, to my understanding, should I not be running injectors ideally more in the region of 70/80% duty cycle at WOT (I'm thinking ID 720XDS?). also cant add much timing to the tune at this stage either. currently running on regular pump gas, here in thailand sold as unleaded 95 Oct, but similar very similar rating to 91oct in the US. although considering swapping to E20 a little later in the tuning, first just want to get up and running on regular pump gas. as the car is not driven often enough.

anyone had any experience tuning Manual LSA CTS-V motors fitted with similar upgraded SC's? (the supercharger was swapped out to help deal with improved charged air cooling, the stock unit was not capable due to much higher ambient temps here in Asia.

we are not looking to go above 750hp more likely 700hp at the crank, due to stock internals at the moment.

current but far from finished tune attached...

any pointers welcomed...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You will need to start with correct injector data. The data will need to be adjusted for your fuel pressure if you do not plan to run 58psi and also adjusted if you are running a 1:1 regulator.
    http://help.injectordynamics.com/sup...aracterization

The problem is most of your injector data is very wrong, one of the biggest is your flow rate table should be all one value since you are running a vacuum/boost referenced regulator, your pressure across the injectors remains constant unlike with a stock LSA and it's variable fuel pressure control. I interpolated the flow rate for 43.5 PSI as 100.9 lbs for those injectors and entered that through the whole table. I also fixed the minimum pulse width and a few other thing, entering the correct injector data supplied by injector dynamics. The airflow should tune correctly now, just be careful that it doesn't go lean as your current MAF tune will be wayyy off, start slow and if you see it is lean add fuel across the entire MAF and tune back to where it needs to be from the rich side.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My previous post assumes that the Vaporworx fuel controller is vacuum/boost referenced and that it is setup up to hold constant 43.5psi across the injectors using the MAP it sees from your MAP sensor, but I don't have experience with them, if not then you will have to change the flow rate table to what Injector Dynamics supplies, the data you had there was still wrong.

Potential Tuner
    Hi Big Tuner much appreciated for the feedback and the modified map, ill get onto that car again tomorrow and see whats what... yes the vaporworx controller is setup for vaccum boost reference. it works well i think. we also have the option to run a static fixed Fuel pressure 58PSI, but opted for the 43.5 idle cruise and increase under WOT conditions.

reason for the injector tables being out, i did have the ID data in on previous tunes, but made very little difference, 2 days ago i spotted that from day one the MAF has not been working fully or at all due to some stupid setting in RPM's thats corrected now... disable and enable under airflow. it was previously set to 100 and 50, now set to 4,000 and 3800. hence why i saw the engine struggling from stalling alot, as the map sensor is far slower of course than the MAF sensor. so things should improve from now on i think, will be back in touch with updates in a few days... thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules727 View Post
    but opted for the 43.5 idle cruise and increase under WOT conditions.
    How are you letting the ECM know which mode it is in, and from that what the injector flow rate is? The FPCM-equipped platforms have a fuel pressure sensor and separate logic in the FPCM to communicate what's going on, in your system I don't think having the pressure change in this way is going to be supported by the ECM tables.

Fuel pressure can either be fixed and result in a linear change in flow rate based on manifold pressure, or fuel pressure can change in a linear fashion along with MAP which gives a constant flow rate. I don't know if it's possible to trick it into doing a switch from 43 to 58 without the ECM also able to know which of the two pressures is in play at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules727 View Post
    Hey Guys, under recommendation, I have fitted a set of ID 1050XDS fuel injectors to our LSA CTS-V engine fitted in a Ultima sportscar,

the car is fitted with the following upgrades KPW Street fighter 1500 dual fuel pump, Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 running 14PSI boost. 2.75inch SC pulley, stock pulleys else were on the engine. engine internals are stock, headers are custom equal length free-flowing.

Currently setup with a Vaporworx Fuel Controller, idle fuel pressure 43.5PSI, controlled by Map3Bar map sensor.

so far in the tune, I?m having to pull so much fuel out of the tune, still running pig rich under WOT, injectors running approx 43% duty cycle on WOT, Im advised the injectors are perfectly fine and tuneable for our spec engine, but not seeing this in reality, to my understanding, should I not be running injectors ideally more in the region of 70/80% duty cycle at WOT (I'm thinking ID 720XDS?). also cant add much timing to the tune at this stage either. currently running on regular pump gas, here in thailand sold as unleaded 95 Oct, but similar very similar rating to 91oct in the US. although considering swapping to E20 a little later in the tuning, first just want to get up and running on regular pump gas. as the car is not driven often enough.

anyone had any experience tuning Manual LSA CTS-V motors fitted with similar upgraded SC's? (the supercharger was swapped out to help deal with improved charged air cooling, the stock unit was not capable due to much higher ambient temps here in Asia.

we are not looking to go above 750hp more likely 700hp at the crank, due to stock internals at the moment.

current but far from finished tune attached...

any pointers welcomed...
    What was causing this to be so rich?